Loving my ROAM frame-mounted side steps/rock sliders

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I banged my ROAMs off of some rock and slid off some trees. They seemed to hold up well. They even greatly reduced the mud spray off the front tires.
Sponsored

okie dokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I emailed Anthony @ROAM 2 weeks ago asking about availability of body mounted side steps and never got a response. I really like em but damn the communication is less than stellar.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I emailed Anthony @ROAM 2 weeks ago asking about availability of body mounted side steps and never got a response. I really like em but damn the communication is less than stellar.
For the money, I'd recommend the e-coated frame mounted ones. I know they have those in stock and they are absolutely awesome.

Brett

okie dokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
For the money, I'd recommend the e-coated frame mounted ones. I know they have those in stock and they

I hear ya but now I'm just wary of the customer service in general.
For the money, I'd recommend the e-coated frame mounted ones. I know they have those in stock and they are absolutely awesome.

Brett
If I dont hear back from them about the body mount version I'll just wait for the west coast ones.

I'll get the tube doors I have my eyes on for now. :)

Rollovermike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
For those thinking of wiring up the lights but are worried about a complex setup with relay etc. I hooked both sides together and ran the positive wire up on the passenger side, and then tapped directly into the entry wire lead of the LED that is mounted in the passenger footwell. I was a little worried about overloading the circuit but I have not had any issues in the 2 or 3 months these have been installed.

Sponsored

JLU74

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Vehicle Showcase
For those thinking of wiring up the lights but are worried about a complex setup with relay etc. I hooked both sides together and ran the positive wire up on the passenger side, and then tapped directly into the entry wire lead of the LED that is mounted in the passenger footwell. I was a little worried about overloading the circuit but I have not had any issues in the 2 or 3 months these have been installed.
Great info. The ROAM logo doesn’t show in your profile pix, did you do anything to hide/mask it?

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ground the negative to the body? Mind sharing what you did with the negative as well?

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Today, going over an obstacle, my rear driver tire slipped off of a rock. The ROAM framed mounted rail took the hit slid off of the rock. No biggie, that's what they are for. I have mine mounted with an 1/2" gap from the body. Afterwards, I checked the rail's position. Aside from a few scratches, the rail did not budge a bit. I will check the bolts before this coming Tuesday's run.

Gotta love the protection that these rock rails afford. Pleased that I have them.

Rollovermike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
Great info. The ROAM logo doesn’t show in your profile pix, did you do anything to hide/mask it?
It is still there. I just inserted the black block off plates that were included. You can still see them if you are close or zoom into the photo but it is not as obvious.

E1DEEA68-C8CE-48C3-B736-1C3677F01CEB.jpeg

Sponsored

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
It is still there. I just inserted the black block off plates that were included. You can still see them if you are close or zoom into the photo but it is not as obvious.

E1DEEA68-C8CE-48C3-B736-1C3677F01CEB.jpeg
Looks great with the lift and tires

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
My ROAM framed mount rock rails take a beating and they keep on going! Now, The passenger’s side matches the driver’s side. I’ll hit this side with some sandpaper and a rattle can, tomorrow.

5F442051-6B00-447B-99DF-CAB89DE8D324.jpeg

97498DFD-E5AC-4042-B224-EF781DB35F95.jpeg

FDFE3F7E-2A57-4078-A332-42001961FCF4.jpeg

Keycub

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon
Any pics of which wires you tapped and the ground. Looking to do this also. Thanks

Mmfrmaz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 3.6L , Firecracker Red
Did you ground the negative to the body? Mind sharing what you did with the negative as well?
I did the same. Routed the driver side led wires up into the engine compartment and thru a cap high up under the driver side dash. The hole is where the clutch goes if it were a manual. I then tapped into the wires going to the under dash convenience light.
For passenger side I did the same thing but routed the led wires from engine compartment thru rubber shroud on the main wire harness into the cab. You can punch a small wire like a coat hanger thru and then pull your wire. Tapped into the passenger side under dash convenience light wires.

All works great. The rail lights come on when opening door or hitting open on fob. Then they fade out the same as the interior lights.
Some guys have wired with a relay switching the LEDs on and off, but I just tapped into the under dash lights. The LED's don't actually pull a lot of current. I used the Oznium, flush mount, 11mm, 1W. LED's. I wired these in parallel. The lights work good. When I have some time I am going to check the circuit current, and make sure everything is good. All my connections were soldered and heat shrink wrapped.
I am interested to see if anybody has wired the LED's in series, with a VF of probably 3-4V each, I am not sure it will work from a 12V supply.

I love the look of the roam rails!
Sponsored