Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
right - but I'm pretty sure i've seen where folks have been having this issue with more recent ones as well...so i guess i'm wondering if this was the fix that was done awhile back, or if there has been an additional fix more recently (like really recently)...maybe not so much pre vs post production like i said in my original post. i'm assuming this may have been part of the reason for the trouble folks had in wait time and responsiveness as there were so many complaints about it? sounds like both may be resolved now...looks like orders are moving and folks are hearing back - from what i can tell anyway from the little i read online.

but yes - based on the description/specs tara gave - it would seem that would negate the issue.
The new coating is much thicker than what was available at launch. My wife and I both have pre-production versions and haven't had any issues, but I've installed a few of the latest versions and the difference is very noticeable right when you unpack them.
Sponsored

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
Mine came in today. The steps have a few very minor cosmetic blemishes, but look great for what they are. I do not know what kind of lights came on the early ones, but these are all metal and appear to be made well. I am questioning spending $70 on replacements.

Looking forward to installing these but the lights will not get here until Thursday.

Last edited:

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Mine are out for delivery. For those that have already received theirs, what size are the rivnuts? I want to make sure that I have the proper size mandrel.

ogjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep Wrangler Turbo 2 door Mojito
I ordered a set of two door steps! I cant wait for them to arrive! I read through this thread and there is alot of misleading information being spread around.
This company is doing all they can to put out the best product possible! Refining the end result. I cant wait for my steps. They should have the ecoat and to the guy who got body damage. That's definitely not from the slider making contact with the body!

Sponsored

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
That’s good to see people are getting their orders in. I’ll be placing my order hopefully soon. Just need to save up a bit for it. But I am looking forward to checking these out. I’ve been following the thread on this forum and the other forum these guys are on. Both have great info regarding this company. Can’t wait to try them out.

TexasJeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubi 392 on order
When I stopped by to pick mine up they had a lot of steps out ready to ship.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
When I got home from our family lunch, my ROAM sliders were sitting at my front door.

I just unpacked both boxes and everything arrived without issue. The sliders and mounting brackets look great. It's a really good looking set-up. Love the way they look.

Prior to unpacking everything I received a call. Unfortunately, I am headed out of town on family matters and will not be able to mount the sliders this week. As such, I have not started to laid everything out and take inventory of the assorted hardware, since there are no instructions nor inventory list.

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon JLU 4xe; 2016 Mazda CX-5
For those concerned about the reports of damaged boxes and items, here's my report: A couple of days ago I rcvd an email from Anthony at ROAM that they were on the way (which I already knew from the UPS notice) but in the email, Anthony requested we take a good look at the box and if the box is damaged, to take pictures and inform the UPS driver. Fast forward to today and the arrival of one of the 2 boxes (the 2nd box is delayed due to weather apparently). Box was in really good shape and very well packed to be honest. It is the long box with the rails but I didn't have time to open it up and look inside. Did notice a lot of stickers on the box stating fragile and not to be stacked. Another sticker stated to report any visual damage immediately. So they are being very serious about the shipping process.

Thanks Jeremy for the info on the rivnuts size...

Sponsored

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
For those concerned about the reports of damaged boxes and items, here's my report: A couple of days ago I rcvd an email from Anthony at ROAM that they were on the way (which I already knew from the UPS notice) but in the email, Anthony requested we take a good look at the box and if the box is damaged, to take pictures and inform the UPS driver. Fast forward to today and the arrival of one of the 2 boxes (the 2nd box is delayed due to weather apparently). Box was in really good shape and very well packed to be honest. It is the long box with the rails but I didn't have time to open it up and look inside. Did notice a lot of stickers on the box stating fragile and not to be stacked. Another sticker stated to report any visual damage immediately. So they are being very serious about the shipping process.

Thanks Jeremy for the info on the rivnuts size...
I got both my boxes today, I opened the smaller box which was undamaged, every bracket inside was packaged nicely, no damage. I will not open the large box until Sat. The box is undamaged, I am sure the items are in good condition.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
LOL . . . I could not help but sort and lay all the mounting brackets and assorted hardware out. I had one long M12 bolt and hat nut left over. Could not figure where that particular assembly went. I'll venture a guess that is for the 6 rivnuts for the 3rd position mounting brackets . . . No thanks, I'll use the proper setting tool.

Located the driver side 1st/front mounting bracket with the double flag nut assembly. The passenger side 1st/front mounting bracket uses a spacer plate and the 3 existing bolts. All of the mounting brackets have an arrow on them, which should point forward for orientation.

With respect to the 2 - 1 side flat mounting brackets, I laid those out in the rear/4th position.

If I had a M12 mandrel, I would mount this set-up tonight. Next week cannot come soon enough . . . lol

TexasJeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubi 392 on order
So who has installed the latest version? Started installing mine today and it’s not lining up like the pics and previous versions did.

981FA93C-A3EF-44C3-B1CF-4C6383A2DFDA.jpeg

E28D28F6-E4CF-489B-847D-22D1BDB5908F.jpeg

0C579328-8149-4202-B396-64E62142CD5E.jpeg

E4AE0F53-4A6E-4D99-9F50-D99A92BAF014.jpeg

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Had a slight change in my travel schedule. Sooo, I installed the ROAM rock sliders. Took about 2-1/2 hours, which included removing the OEM rock rails.

Initially, the driver side rail did not adjust/line up properly. I loosened the mounting brackets and everything lined up perfectly. As such, when installing the passenger side, I left the mounting brackets a bit loose.

Overall, I am very pleased with the look and function of this ROAM product.

57EC469B-40FF-410B-9AA0-A24D50ED5C80.jpeg

B1A106B6-0E6D-4CD7-8ACF-E4CDAE22FFD7.jpeg

662650D9-8E63-4304-896C-E5A9B6C4F78C.jpeg
Sponsored