Sponsored

Loving my ROAM frame-mounted side steps/rock sliders

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The frame mounted steps are worth ALL hassles! Great product. Will wire up some LEDs once it gets warmer.
Do you plan on wiring them so that they illuminate at door open? I want to do this but I’m not sure how.

JacobSimon

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Nissan Xterra Pro4x, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Hey all,

Looks like a bunch of other people are in a similar situation. I was actually given the frame rails by my family for the holidays. Ordered on November 24th. My brother in law just told me that he received an email saying that delivery won't happen until mid February. Love the steps, but I have to decide if I want to wait!

Sponsored

SeanS

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yes, it seems to be a mess. I ordered mine on Nov 14th and still haven't received them (even though people that ordered after me have). After sending a couple emails over the past 2 weeks, I finally got a response today. Nothing as to why people after me got theirs, just that mine should ship out around the first 2 weeks of February as well. I'm not holding my breath.

dblack222

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
I was pleasantly surprised with my shipping time after reading some of these threads.
I ordered mine January 11.th They arrived early enough on the 15th that I installed them the same day.

EDIT** Mine are the body mounted versions

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Talked to Anthony yesterday for about 20 mins. Really a great guy but like I’ve said before and Morton reiterated there are some growing pains. I’d give them a chance still. We’re going to order the frame mounted steps now along with the bumper/tire carrier and hope to have them around mid February. Once they get the west coast sliders, we’re going to order a set of those and sell the regular steps.

I know we all want our stuff right away and with some companies that have massive stocks of inventory they can send them out same day. Unfortunately Roam isn’t quite there yet but rest assured everyone will get what they ordered, love what they get and be happy they waited. If my stuff comes in and there still isn’t any instructions I’ll work with them to document our install and send it back to them to consider for distribution

Brett

RIP11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
i ordered a set of the frame mounted rock rails today, and was told early to mid february.....hopefully it works out.

rksmith25

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Just received mine today after a long wait, but I excited to get these things mounted up this weekend. They were worth the air so far.

However, as others have said. There were no instructions. This thread will be helpful to get them on, mine included something I have not seen before. Any help with what these are for?

C8DAAE43-D24C-4129-8858-F815A52B61ED.jpeg

3171AE8E-F4C9-4B0E-82F9-0971B427207A.jpeg

Sponsored

TexasJeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubi 392 on order
I don’t have the rails yet but from looking at this thread and looking at the Jeep I think I have an idea. The plate will go on the passenger side front due to the frame not being flat where the bolts are. The other thing I think may be a flag nut where you stick it it in the frame on the drivers front bracket. And I’m guessing the little bit on a stick thing will go on the drivers front bracket for the top bolt.

rksmith25

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I don’t have the rails yet but from looking at this thread and looking at the Jeep I think I have an idea. The plate will go on the passenger side front due to the frame not being flat where the bolts are. The other thing I think may be a flag nut where you stick it it in the frame on the drivers front bracket. And I’m guessing the little bit on a stick thing will go on the drivers front bracket for the top bolt.
Was able to figure out the 2 brackets. The thing on a stick has a nut inside it. There are 6 of them. Looks like they are for the third bracket to use instead of a rivnut. Just unsure how to use them.

TexasJeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubi 392 on order
Maybe insert them thru the big hole in the frame so you can hole them there while you line up the bracket.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have been waiting since September for their rear bumper/tire carrier. I have the front bumper and side rails..
Sponsored