ebelp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (bright white)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine are the body-mount style. I think there's a misconception that these are flimsy compared to the frame-mounted version. I can jump up and down on them and they don't flex/move/etc. I just can't imagine a situation where I'd notice a difference. Unless I'm doing hard core rock crawling...in which case I'd probably own dedicated rock sliders that are ONLY sliders. If people are on the fence about which to go with and aren't banging on the rocks every weekend, getting the body-mounted version is a no-brainer IMO.

maxjlu

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
We installed the 2dr @ROAM frame mounted steps/rails on our JL and they are great! Slightly more gap than the body mount version, but that is to be expected to clear with body mount flex etc. Where I was a little concerned with the body mounted steps on our 4dr's offroad I have no fear the way the 2dr's are mounted. My wife came down fairly hard on a rock in our 4dr with body mounted steps but they didn't budge. I was spotting her, and there was no way around it (due to her height) but they held up great! I can't say the same about my nerves.
Front.jpg

View attachment 120425
Oh my:rock:

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
Is the pinch seam visible on either the body of the frame mount versions?

Sponsored

jhack

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n Rubicon
We installed the 2dr @ROAM frame mounted steps/rails on our JL and they are great! Slightly more gap than the body mount version, but that is to be expected to clear with body mount flex etc. Where I was a little concerned with the body mounted steps on our 4dr's offroad I have no fear the way the 2dr's are mounted. My wife came down fairly hard on a rock in our 4dr with body mounted steps but they didn't budge. I was spotting her, and there was no way around it (due to her height) but they held up great! I can't say the same about my nerves.
Front.jpg

View attachment 120425
Can you post a side view image of the gap difference between the body mounted version and the frame mounted version? I am trying to make up my mind on which version I am going to go with and this may help me out with my decision. Also how does the frame mounted ones attach to the frame itself? Are there threaded holes in the frame that are utilized or are you using a nut on the opposite side?

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Fire Fighter
I just installed the Frame Mounted version and it is not visible.

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Fire Fighter
Just installed these today...Thanks to @simpleJL for the deal on them! Super easy install, and they fit and look great!
IMG_1910.JPG
IMG_1911.JPG
IMG_1912.JPG

Recursion

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Well, if you look for it, you can barely see it. I have the frame mounted version, maybe that sticks out a little more? Note: I did adjust the rails in during install.

Jlwizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl 2 door sport, cant wait to mod
Looks like the pinch seam is hidden no matter which option you go with. The body mounted ones have like zero gap from what I can tell in the pictures.

Sponsored

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
Pinch seam is almost completely hidden, which is why I chose these over various others (mine are body mounted). The only visible part of the pinch seam is at an angle from the rear and below, where you can see ~2-3" or so. See below. Directly from the side it's barely visible.
bbc7876c-bfc1-43dc-ad4e-e14952326c9f-jpeg.jpg

60adcc60-8b24-4dea-9f69-46148e20035b-jpeg.jpg

Goes

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon firecracker red (soon)
A40E6448-B9A5-4DE3-8622-DFDE840EE7D3.jpeg
Can somebody post some pics of the body mounted brackets after being installed to assist a mechanically challenged individual?

Mjfloyd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
I’m extremely disappointed in the body mounted sidesteps rusting at the seams and the area below the upper steps after less than 2 months on the Jeep. No snow and no salt - only rain. I emailed Anthony on 12/3/18 with no reply.

I ended up getting them Line-x’d since I received no help from @ROAM. I feel that this is not a cost that I should have to pay with so little rain exposure with powder coated steps.

I like the look of the steps themselves but would be hesitant to recommend them based on the rust and lack of customer service.

Goes

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon firecracker red (soon)