Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
@ROAM hey Anthony, had the early pre-order steps. Considering the newer steps for the next Jeep, do you guys have that logo cut-out bracket (or no cut-out version!) available?
Sponsored

Reactions: AFD

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
I sold my Roam Sliders recently after discovering that they had flexed into my Jeep's body multiple times, even with some additional supporting pucks along the pinch seam. I've since switched to VKS Fab weld on sliders and have been really happy with their durability and function.

Sidenote - has anyone else noticed that Roam Offroad has gone completely dark on social media since the end of last year.

Jeep Wrangler JL Loving my ROAM frame-mounted side steps/rock sliders DSCF2080 copy

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I sold my Roam Sliders recently after discovering that they had flexed into my Jeep's body multiple times, even with some additional supporting pucks along the pinch seam. I've since switched to VKS Fab weld on sliders and have been really happy with their durability and function.

Sidenote - has anyone else noticed that Roam Offroad has gone completely dark on social media since the end of last year.

Jeep Wrangler JL Loving my ROAM frame-mounted side steps/rock sliders DSCF2080 copy
ya when i emailed them about buying the step.. they were like we don't know when we will have some to ship again.. we have a waiting list.. that was like 6 month ago.. I like the look of the VKS might have to check those out

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

I believe it's the opposite, the body twisting into the slider. I read on here that the JL body has flex to it. I have some rub marks on my body behind the front fender where the body contacted my Roam rock rail. That's after serious off-road flexing.

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
I believe it's the opposite, the body twisting into the slider. I read on here that the JL body has flex to it. I have some rub marks on my body behind the front fender where the body contacted my Roam rock rail. That's after serious off-road flexing.
There is some movement between the frame/body as there will be with any body-on-frame vehicle but I'm pretty sure it's from the sliders bending into the body.

I had no issues with lots of articulation until I sustained some hits to the bottom of the slider which caused the damage to my Jeep's rocker panels.

Sponsored

Retired Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7, 2021 Rubicon 4xe
I just bought a set of the stainless MK3's with boat sides on sale. Took just under a month to get them.

thekevin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I know this is an old thread but I just bought a set of the body mount rails this weekend used. Whatever they were coated with was thick but it definitely rusted underneath. I just wanted something lower profiled than my nfabs and since I will beat them up anyway I just hit the rust spots with my grinder and coated them with 2 cans of rustoleum bed liner spray.
Jeep Wrangler JL Loving my ROAM frame-mounted side steps/rock sliders 28B901EB-4EB0-46A7-BF6F-FA42CF0BCBBE
Jeep Wrangler JL Loving my ROAM frame-mounted side steps/rock sliders E0746B8E-1452-4DCD-A451-20201880F4B1
Jeep Wrangler JL Loving my ROAM frame-mounted side steps/rock sliders 6F5FE74F-93C0-4FB2-A6B7-93BDA49A0100
Jeep Wrangler JL Loving my ROAM frame-mounted side steps/rock sliders D344928B-53BE-423B-83C9-BC8B8585B009
Jeep Wrangler JL Loving my ROAM frame-mounted side steps/rock sliders EC7B49B2-6D65-4557-9D03-01FCB59FEE87
Jeep Wrangler JL Loving my ROAM frame-mounted side steps/rock sliders 3343D18B-2C2D-4246-B901-2C06C08D2034

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Is Roam still in business?
I still like my Roam sliders, but my Jeep is stored inside during winter/salt season here.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
Is Roam still in business?
I still like my Roam sliders, but my Jeep is stored inside during winter/salt season here.
They do not appear to be. I really wanted their 2 door sliders and after looking round and reading a few threads (and posting my own) I've pretty much come to the conclusion they are gone.