First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
You have a link to the part? I wonder if a 3D printed item would be just as good.....
How much of a gap will this close. Looking to do the same on my rig but my gap may be bigger than yours. Considering using a bolt and nut to adjust it to close gap and contact this on pinch seam.
Sponsored

skefalas

First Name
Spiros
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Has anyone bought these running boards recently? I'm looking into buying the body-mounted version for my jeep. How have they held up for any of yall who've had them for a while?

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Has anyone bought these running boards recently? I'm looking into buying the body-mounted version for my jeep. How have they held up for any of yall who've had them for a while?
Just look at the replies in this thread...seems like it is very hit or miss...and ROAM hasn’t handled those situations well at all. Is that a company you want to give your money to? I like their design but if I lived in an area that got snow, I would definitely pass.

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Put these sliders to the test on Slick Rock Jeep Trail this weekend. They definitely took a beating but held up pretty well. I did have the passenger slider contact the body slightly even with the pads linked previously in this thread installed and the bottom/sides of the passenger slider also got a little bent up from using it to pivot around a few rocks (can see in the 2nd pic below).

Overall they held up well but time will tell if these will be my final solution to protecting my rockers.

Jeep Wrangler JL Loving my ROAM frame-mounted side steps/rock sliders RoamSliders1

Jeep Wrangler JL Loving my ROAM frame-mounted side steps/rock sliders RoamSliders2

broncoguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Ford Bronco, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
Realtor
@track.n.trail do you think the pads helped with limiting the flex into the body? I just installed mine too and was thinking about ordering those.

Sponsored

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
@track.n.trail do you think the pads helped with limiting the flex into the body? I just installed mine too and was thinking about ordering those.
Probably, I can see them adding support when I lift the vehicle from the sliders. However they weren't enough to stop the sliders from contacting the body slightly when the weight of the vehicle landed on a rock.

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Some video of these getting beat pretty hard on Slick Rock. They held up great for the abuse I put em through!

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I just mostly installed mine today. I will get them aligned tomorrow, but the fit/finish is fine. I was apprehensive about the coatings but I figured in FL I was in a lower risk situation vs. jeeps that see a winter haha. I coated the "ROAM" insert red, the GF loves it.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I just mostly installed mine today. I will get them aligned tomorrow, but the fit/finish is fine. I was apprehensive about the coatings but I figured in FL I was in a lower risk situation vs. jeeps that see a winter haha. I coated the "ROAM" insert red, the GF loves it.
:LOL: Isn't Florida wet? Good luck!

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
+100 for the GF loving the look.!

I will have my Roams on for the first winter in CO. We’ll see.

houston, texas winters were not an issue. I would not expect Florida‘s to be either.

Sponsored

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
+100 for the GF loving the look.!

I will have my Roams on for the first winter in CO. We’ll see.

houston, texas winters were not an issue. I would not expect Florida‘s to be either.
I’m curious myself as I’ll be moving that way in a few months. So far my frame mounted sliders have held up nicely here in NC. Hoping it continues when I move back to CO.

broox

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broox.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4, 2020 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I like their design but if I lived in an area that got snow, I would definitely pass.
I live in Iowa and installed my roam rails less than a year ago. They were showing rust along the welded seams and on the mounting brackets within 6 months.

After reading other reviews here, I took extra care to keep them clean and hose them off whenever they got salty over the winter. There's just too many nooks and crannies in this design, which I'd guess makes it really hard to coat properly. I'm debating pulling them and having them bed-lined... but even at that, I honestly don't know if it'd be possible to get them properly coated.

I e-mailed roam about it. They told me to sand it down and re-coat it with a rattle can of AEV spray paint. I'm not sure what I was expecting from them, but that's all you could really do at this point I suppose.

It's unfortunate because in my opinion, they really are the best looking rails/steps on the market.

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
Did you pay extra for the E-coating? Mine has the E-coating and I have had no issues.

broox

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broox.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4, 2020 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Did you pay extra for the E-coating? Mine has the E-coating and I have had no issues.
Before I placed my order last December, I e-mailed Roam and was told that "all 2 door rails are e-coated and then powdercoated" ... I don't think I paid extra for it, but it should have been done.

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
Before I placed my order last December, I e-mailed Roam and was told that "all 2 door rails are e-coated and then powdercoated" ... I don't think I paid extra for it, but it should have been done.
I was charged an extra $100.00 for the E-coating and one year later they still look like new!
Sponsored