First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
According to Anthony, the frame mounted units will be shipping out the week after Thanksgiving. Looking forward to receiving them.
Sponsored

Wicked Weasel

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL - Build date 06/18
As my ROAM rock rails arrived today I would have liked to known about this option before shipping as I would have waited and paid the upgrade fee.

Since the mounting points are different would the upgrade be more than a mounting bracket change or would the entire step need to be replaced? If it is a simple mounting bracket swap that would be great and I am willing to pay the extra cost associated with the new bracket.

any additional information would be helpful.

thanks

any updates on the upgrade?

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
$49.99 to ship for my body mounted.

Sponsored

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Any word on 2 door availability?

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Fire Fighter
which ones on the site are the frame mounted version?

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Any thoughts on how these will hold up on the rocks. I am between these (frame mounted) and a set of ACE. I would guess the ACE will hold up better on the rocks but this would make it easier for my sub 5 foot girls to get in the Jeep. I do not do a ton of rock crawling but when I do I want to make sure I am protected.

Also I noticed it still is sold out so I can not even check out on a waiting list... do they charge shipping or is it included in the price?

Thanks for any input.
Did you ever learn more about how Roam frame mounted rails compare to Ace sliders put on top of rubi rails? I just sold my plastic Sahara steps and want to upgrade to something more durable and best provides:

1. Allows young kids to safely climb in
2. Protects when trail riding once a month
3. Protects side of jeep from rocks slinging off tires
4. Doesnt rust

Sponsored

Recursion

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Roam Side Armor steps are $399 and will stay at that price. The Roam JL Rock Rails are $599 but will be $499 for a limited time. It's two different options that look the same but function a bit different and will cost a bit differently. Keeping prices for those who have families and just need steps and a fair price for those who will rock crawl. Frame mount steps will be beefier so it can handle more than the Side Armor steps. The only difference from @simpleJL Rock Rails will be that the final version will have a better finish (not that his isn't great) so it can handle the toughest trails.
@ROAM Could you please comment on the different finish? Line-X or similar?

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
@ROAM Could you please comment on the different finish? Line-X or similar?
@ROAM Along with explaining how you improved the finish, will you also please provide details on how the frame mount sliders will be beefier than the body mount style? I am ready to pull the trigger. Thanks!

Thanks!

Trailrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL
I recieved my frame mounted version on Friday. They are still powder coated. The finish looks great. Apparently the previous version was rusting . I see no signs of rust on any seems. The rails look and feel solid.

Last edited:

Recursion

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I recieved my frame mounted version on Friday. They are still power coated. The finish looks great. Apparently the previous version was rusting . I see no signs of rust on any seems. The rails look and feel solid.
Roger that. I saw that rust thread, and I'd rather not have to Line-X ($$) these. I'm in a very humid climate, so I'll do what I gotta do, but would rather not drop several bills unless necessary.

PowerGuy

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS StingGray
Hoping they develop a set for the new JT
Sponsored