Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
These look exactly what I need.
My few questions:
Is a floor jack required to install these?
Will they install over the Rubicon rails?
No floor jack needed. The brackets mount to the frame and then you put the steps on top of them. Love that design btw. From what has been posted and from what I saw installing mine, no these will not install over the rails. The directions say optional but I didnt see a way for them to install over the stock rubicon sliders.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
My few questions:
No floor jack necessary. Very simple install. Once the brackets are loosely installed, the steps set right down on them. Once secured, tighten all hardware.

I pulled the factory rails off. Uses the same mounting holes for the armor ones. The frame mount are different but I’d still pull the Rubi rails

Brett

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
No floor jack needed. The brackets mount to the frame and then you put the steps on top of them. Love that design btw. From what has been posted and from what I saw installing mine, no these will not install over the rails. The directions say optional but I didnt see a way for them to install over the stock rubicon sliders.
Missed a page and therefore your response. Wasn’t trying to repeat what you had typed and nailed exactly what my thoughts were

Brett

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Missed a page and therefore your response. Wasn’t trying to repeat what you had typed and nailed exactly what my thoughts were

Brett
No worries. Nothing wrong with a nice confirmation of what was said. Means I’m not completely off base! ;)

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry about the delay in responding, we were offline for the week of EJS 2019. Everything should be back online and back to normal.

I'm sorry but we haven't yet come across someone whom has attempted the install of both systems yet. The only confirmed non-interfering system that we know of so far is the Metal Clock skid plate system. Although our frame mounted JL Rock Rails shouldn't interfere with any known skid plate system currently on the market because we don't utilize any of the downward facing holes on the frame rail (which we consider to be essential for frame drainage), we have not yet come across someone whom has actually installed both.

We've just picked up our Jeep Gladiator. Subsystems like the aux fuel system will go first but we'll definitely have a set of our JL Rock Rails for the JT ready to go in not too long.

Our JL Side Armor Steps (JL Body Mounted) and our JL Rock Rails (JL Frame Mounted) are actually two different product lines, and while the ROAM JL Side Armor Steps are powdercoated, the ROAM JL Rock Rails are e-coated and then powdercoated.

Our E-Coat process is an industry first (within the US) and is rated for >2500hrs+ in a corrosion test chamber and should beat any other surface coating technologies currently used in the market. While there have been a small percentage (between 1 and 2 percent so far) of users whom have experienced some surface rust on the ROAM JL Side Armor Steps (JL Body Mounted), to date, there has been no reports of anyone with a production set of our JL Rock Rails whom have experienced any rust issues because our JL Rock Rails (JL Frame Mounted) are E-Coated. This is because the E-Coat process is not only significantly more resistant to rust altogether, but also because during the E-Coat process, the entire structure of our JL Rock Rails is submerged and then rotated for 100 percent coverage. The E-Coat solution itself is also far more environmentally friendly than powdercoating; E-Coat solutions in general are also inherently more inert than powdercoating and is not sacrificial in nature.

Our MK3 JL Rock Rails (MK3 ROAM JL Rock Rails with integrated boat side undercarriage armor plates) will be available in Q3 2019. <images are attached below>

A retrofit system / upgrade option will be available for anyone whom has purchased a set of our MK1 and our MK2 JL Rock Rails. A direct replacement upgrade path will also be available for anyone whom has purchased a set of our MK1 JL Side Armor Steps. Please note that the ROAM JL Side Armor Steps (JL Body Mounted) and the ROAM JL Rock Rails (JL Frame Mounted) are not the same product/series despite having a similar exterior appearance.

Stainless steel will be an option as well as nickel plating (late availability) on the MK3 ROAM JL Rock Rails. All stainless steel hardware will also be available as an option.

MK3 integrated boat side sliders 008.png
MK3 integrated boat side sliders 006.png
MK3 integrated boat side sliders 005.png
MK3 integrated boat side sliders 003.png
MK3 integrated boat side sliders 002.png
MK3 integrated boat side sliders 004.png
MK3 integrated boat side sliders 001.png
MK3 integrated boat side sliders 007.png

Thanks!

Tara @ ROAM
these will from sure be on my next build. I love my Roam steps, and the added boatside make them even better. can't wait.

Dadgummit

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited -- 1966 Pontiac GTO Convertible
I installed the Roam Rock Rails today. I really like that you install the brackets first then set the rail on the brackets and tighten everything up. The install took about 90 minutes including removing the rubicon rails. You could install these solo but it is easier to have someone hold the flag nuts while you install those brackets.
Though I ran into an issue Anthony at ROAM was extremely responsive and made sure I was completely taken care of. This is a great company and I would recommend them to anyone.

Here are some bad cell phone pics:

20190601_120833-X3.jpg

20190601_120759-X3.jpg

20190601_120857-X3.jpg

StrikeZ

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
How long from order to delivery? I just finished putting on tires and lift and will need these.

Dadgummit

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It took less than a week to arrive Texas to California from ordering to ups drop off.

jimmyzwheelz

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon 2DR
My few questions:
No floor jack required. They will not fit over the Rubicon rails, but you wouldn't want to do that anyway. No need for the old rails...it would be just added weight anyway. These rails offer far more protection than the stock rails.

Sponsored

jforse

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT Sport, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aerospace Quality Engineer
Sorry about the delay in responding, we were offline for the week of EJS 2019. Everything should be back online and back to normal.

I'm sorry but we haven't yet come across someone whom has attempted the install of both systems yet. The only confirmed non-interfering system that we know of so far is the Metal Clock skid plate system. Although our frame mounted JL Rock Rails shouldn't interfere with any known skid plate system currently on the market because we don't utilize any of the downward facing holes on the frame rail (which we consider to be essential for frame drainage), we have not yet come across someone whom has actually installed both.

We've just picked up our Jeep Gladiator. Subsystems like the aux fuel system will go first but we'll definitely have a set of our JL Rock Rails for the JT ready to go in not too long.

Our JL Side Armor Steps (JL Body Mounted) and our JL Rock Rails (JL Frame Mounted) are actually two different product lines, and while the ROAM JL Side Armor Steps are powdercoated, the ROAM JL Rock Rails are e-coated and then powdercoated.

Our E-Coat process is an industry first (within the US) and is rated for >2500hrs+ in a corrosion test chamber and should beat any other surface coating technologies currently used in the market. While there have been a small percentage (between 1 and 2 percent so far) of users whom have experienced some surface rust on the ROAM JL Side Armor Steps (JL Body Mounted), to date, there has been no reports of anyone with a production set of our JL Rock Rails whom have experienced any rust issues because our JL Rock Rails (JL Frame Mounted) are E-Coated. This is because the E-Coat process is not only significantly more resistant to rust altogether, but also because during the E-Coat process, the entire structure of our JL Rock Rails is submerged and then rotated for 100 percent coverage. The E-Coat solution itself is also far more environmentally friendly than powdercoating; E-Coat solutions in general are also inherently more inert than powdercoating and is not sacrificial in nature.

Our MK3 JL Rock Rails (MK3 ROAM JL Rock Rails with integrated boat side undercarriage armor plates) will be available in Q3 2019. <images are attached below>

A retrofit system / upgrade option will be available for anyone whom has purchased a set of our MK1 and our MK2 JL Rock Rails. A direct replacement upgrade path will also be available for anyone whom has purchased a set of our MK1 JL Side Armor Steps. Please note that the ROAM JL Side Armor Steps (JL Body Mounted) and the ROAM JL Rock Rails (JL Frame Mounted) are not the same product/series despite having a similar exterior appearance.

Stainless steel will be an option as well as nickel plating (late availability) on the MK3 ROAM JL Rock Rails. All stainless steel hardware will also be available as an option.

MK3 integrated boat side sliders 008.png
MK3 integrated boat side sliders 006.png
MK3 integrated boat side sliders 005.png
MK3 integrated boat side sliders 003.png
MK3 integrated boat side sliders 002.png
MK3 integrated boat side sliders 004.png
MK3 integrated boat side sliders 001.png
MK3 integrated boat side sliders 007.png

Thanks!

Tara @ ROAM

Sign me up for a set of MK3. Stainless would be nice since I live in Northern Minnesota and the winters and road salt destroy mild steel.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Got my sliders last week. Put them on and took them to Hurricane Creek Trail and Windrock. Gave them a pretty good beating. These rails are stout. I will have to assess the damage once I get them cleaned off.

img_0084-jpg.jpg

gonavy34

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
New here - new Jeep owner - first post.

Decided on going with ROAM frame mounted rails - but was thinking about going with West Coast Sliders as price is same at this point...anyone on here have those? I haven't seen any photos except what is posted on site, so wondering how they install/fit/look from someone in the community.

I also note that no lights are on West Coast Sliders, but wondering if lights are worth the extra install effort.

Overall it sounds like ROAM has oversome a number of issues early on and is shipping on time, making a good product.

To note - sounds like shipping costs are up (quoted $89 for CA) - but I was told they offer a military discount (not sure how much yet).

Look forward to getting mine soon...

jforse

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 XLT Sport, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
Aerospace Quality Engineer
New here - new Jeep owner - first post.

Decided on going with ROAM frame mounted rails - but was thinking about going with West Coast Sliders as price is same at this point...anyone on here have those? I haven't seen any photos except what is posted on site, so wondering how they install/fit/look from someone in the community.

I also note that no lights are on West Coast Sliders, but wondering if lights are worth the extra install effort.

Overall it sounds like ROAM has oversome a number of issues early on and is shipping on time, making a good product.

To note - sounds like shipping costs are up (quoted $89 for CA) - but I was told they offer a military discount (not sure how much yet).

Look forward to getting mine soon...

Honestly $89 is reasonable for shipping. I just returned 4 coil springs to Eibach in California from Minnesota and it was $86.
I have to say I haven't purchased any of their products yet but as a former Machinist, Design Engineer and current Aerospace Quality Engineer I can tell you they put in an immense amount of effort into to their Engineering and design.
I will be ordering a set of the frame mounted MK3 or MK2 rails. I also asked about Military discount, didn't get an answer on how much so I can't help you there.

Dadgummit

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the quality of these sliders and the amount of engineering + materials I can't believe they are under $700 shipped to my door. I bet it costs a lot more than $89 to ship and ROAM eats some of the cost.
Sponsored