Loving my ROAM frame-mounted side steps/rock sliders

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
Woohoo!! Got my tracking number today. Thanks Anthony. Can't wait to get these on. Scheduled for delivery Monday.
Hey our stuff is probably on the same truck....:rock::clap::like:
Sponsored

Bri_BKT

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Rubicon JLU 4xe; 2016 Mazda CX-5
Hey our stuff is probably on the same truck....:rock::clap::like:
That's awesome. Let's hope UPS is kind and keeps them in good shape during the shipping.
How'd you guys ride out that "bomb cyclone"? Our drifts are over the privacy fence out here in Peyton.

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's awesome. Let's hope UPS is kind and keeps them in good shape during the shipping.
How'd you guys ride out that "bomb cyclone"? Our drifts are over the privacy fence out here in Peyton.
Not bad, I live in Fountain, so it was windy but not too bad only a little bit of snow.

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got our installed. To everyone waiting, they are worth the wait!

Brett

4102FA86-C1DF-4E9B-BE28-8168C2B9664C.jpeg
Just to pour some salt on this, did they come with installation instructions? hehehe

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Just to pour some salt on this, did they come with installation instructions? hehehe
No but I spoke with Anthony about that. They are working on them. They are really self explanatory. I will say to leave the body mount bolts loose until you get everything lined up and the steps bolted on. The worst part for me is always rivnuts. There are 6 of them. I took a bunch of pics and will be doing a post here with a how to. If I remember right, you’ll need a 10mm, 13mm, 16mm and 18mm. I’m going to be ordering rubber plugs for my lights though. I don’t like tapping into factory wires and don’t have a need for the light

Brett

Sponsored

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No but I spoke with Anthony about that. They are working on them. They are really self explanatory. I will say to leave the body mount bolts loose until you get everything lined up and the steps bolted on. The worst part for me is always rivnuts. There are 6 of them. I took a bunch of pics and will be doing a post here with a how to. If I remember right, you’ll need a 10mm, 13mm, 16mm and 18mm. I’m going to be ordering rubber plugs for my lights though. I don’t like tapping into factory wires and don’t have a need for the light

Brett
I guess I will be getting a rivnut tool....

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess I will be getting a rivnut tool....
It’ll be money well spent for 4 of them atleast. The top two might not have enough room. Also when you get the brackets, the wrapping is numbered. I believe it’s 1 to the rear and 4 in the front. Just lay them out in the pairs they came with in the right order and you’ll see what I’m talking about. The rear one will have the body mount cut out and be notched, then the nivnut one, another body mount one and then on the passenger side you’ll remove the 3 18mm bolts, I didn’t support it, no problem, then on the drivers side you’ll use the flat bar with a handle and two nuts. Real easy and makes sense when you look at it.

Brett

Twistbeard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara "Nebula"
Got my tracking numbers today. Order the Oznium LED lights to replace the ones coming on it.

I wasn't aware that there was going to be a need to deal with Rivnuts. Can you elaborate on that @rustyshakelford ?

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Sweet! Looking forward to you "How To." Mine will be here next Tuesday.

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
Got my tracking number and ordered LEDs as well. I did not think these used the body mount bolts?

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my tracking numbers today. Order the Oznium LED lights to replace the ones coming on it.

I wasn't aware that there was going to be a need to deal with Rivnuts. Can you elaborate on that @rustyshakelford ?
For the frame mounted rock rails there are 4 brackets used to attach the steps. I’m adding a pic and hope it helps. I think this was passenger. Driver is the same.

Brett

4A7780BE-40A5-40D9-987C-8BDE38994151.jpeg

Twistbeard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara "Nebula"
For the frame mounted rock rails there are 4 brackets used to attach the steps. I’m adding a pic and hope it helps. I think this was passenger. Driver is the same.

Brett

4A7780BE-40A5-40D9-987C-8BDE38994151.jpeg
Noob question, but, am I going to need to drill those holes and adding the rivnuts? or are the holes already there and we're just adding the rivnuts to them? Thanks man.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Noob question, but, am I going to need to drill those holes and adding the rivnuts? or are the holes already there and we're just adding the rivnuts to them? Thanks man.
Holes are already there. Roam has done a great job designing these and install is a breeze. Rivnuts are literally the worst part but do add some extra strength that will be useful in the rocks.

Brett

Twistbeard

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara "Nebula"
Holes are already there. Roam has done a great job designing these and install is a breeze. Rivnuts are literally the worst part but do add some extra strength that will be useful in the rocks.

Brett
Awesome, thanks a million for the responses and the picture of the area with the rivnuts

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome, thanks a million for the responses and the picture of the area with the rivnuts
Another pro tip is using an 1/2 drive ratchet, on the passenger side front mount, the socket and ratchet can fit thru the opening on the bracket to easily tighten the bolts. It’s the 3 black factory bolts. Be sure you have an 18mm too didn’t try an 11/16 though

Brett
Sponsored