Sponsored

Love the look of this new Rugged Ridge Venator bumper

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The Stubby version should be coming out in early November is what I've been told.

funglenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS North Edition
i looked at Rugged Ridge products. The sparticus is nice looking but a stubby bumper that only weights 40 lbs just goes to the quality/thickness of product (or lack of in this case). I am going with a quadratec bumper that weights 110 lbs, which tells you the quality and thickness of the bumper to actually do its job.

Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
i looked at Rugged Ridge products. The sparticus is nice looking but a stubby bumper that only weights 40 lbs just goes to the quality/thickness of product (or lack of in this case). I am going with a quadratec bumper that weights 110 lbs, which tells you the quality and thickness of the bumper to actually do its job.
I like the stubby (arctus) design but 11 gauge steel? The winch mount plate is 1/4'' but still. Very light gauge.

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I like the stubby (arctus) design but 11 gauge steel? The winch mount plate is 1/4'' but still. Very light gauge.
This is exactly why some of us have it - light weight.

Sponsored

Gunzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
He has a good looking rig. Whenever I see that picture I see a little face like Johnny 5 from Short Circuit. I had a chat with him before I got the Venator bumper and he said he said he "had the lights mounted on a homemade fairlead light mount. Basically a piece of 2” angle." If I recall correctly he has since moved them from that spot to on top of the overrider bar but you can still see the 2" angle piece he had. Looks like he had the angle placed behind the fairlead and used the same fasteners.

Jeep Wrangler JL Love the look of this new Rugged Ridge Venator bumper Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 9.49.54 PM

Apologies to Punkn if I overstepped here.

I'm planning to put two lights under the overrider bar on mine. I made a winch delete plate for the gap, and will mount lights to the plate under the bar. Mocked it up a roughly like so, but am not sure about the placement or spacing yet:

Jeep Wrangler JL Love the look of this new Rugged Ridge Venator bumper Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 1.04.29 AM
Jeep Wrangler JL Love the look of this new Rugged Ridge Venator bumper Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 1.04.12 AM

Reactions: VNT

CHeeesseee

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Sahara Altitude, 2021 Chevy Trail Boss
For those of you who have upgraded to the RR Venator, did you do anything with the rear bumper?

whiskey jack

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl
For those of you who have upgraded to the RR Venator, did you do anything with the rear bumper?
I did not, but I kinda wanted to to but didn't find anything I thought "matched" the styling of the venator. Plus, imo, the rear stock plastic and metal bumpers aren't bad looking.

GrayWolf.Overland

First Name
Subash
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 4xe Rubicon (Earl Gray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
These bumpers have done well in the past year. Haven't had any issues with rusting (it rains like 300 days in Vancouver) and most importantly, no rattles developed on the fog light assembly. The fog light caps and the end wings have stayed in place even after taking several serious beatings around the narrow trails here with branches hitting it all the time.

Jeep Wrangler JL Love the look of this new Rugged Ridge Venator bumper DSCF0085
Sponsored