Love the look of this new Rugged Ridge Venator bumper

LuckySe7eN

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Is it me, or do some of these installs seem to have the bumper tucked in closer?

Advertisement

Redneck_Jedi

First Name
Charles
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Heres another example of one that seems to be futher out.
F23B0107-5B3C-4854-86D8-CB14A4BDA675.jpeg.jpg
The Rubis will have a gap, as their fenders are higher up than the Sport and Sahara models. As far as distance from the grill, that should be the same for all models, as the new bumper bolts to the existing jeep bumper mounts. However, there is some minor adjust-ability of the bumper wings, that could account for the slight difference you see. I will tell you that room for most winch solenoid boxes and wiring is tight - I think it's more the design of the sloping grill on JL that's issue, as I've heard others with different bumpers mention the same thing. I plan to remote mount my solenoid under the hood.

Last edited:

LuckySe7eN

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
The Rubis will have a gap, as their fenders are higher up than the Sport and Sahara models. As far as distance from the grill, that should be the same for all models, as the new bumper bolts to the existing jeep bumper mounts. However, there is some minor adjust-ability of the bumper wings, that could account for the slight difference you see. I will tell you that room for most winch solenoid boxes and wiring is tight - I think it's more the design of the sloping grill on JL that's issue, as I've heard others with different bumpers mention the same thing. I plan to remote mount my solenoid under the hood.
Thanks for the info. I'll be installing my bumper this weekend and this should come in handy.

Phatm9

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Jl- 2007 Sahara Jk
Thanks for the info. I'll be installing my bumper this weekend and this should come in handy.
Dont tighten everything down that'll save you so you can adjust it until you get it how you want it