Love My New Willys Sport

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Hello all, I picked up my new Willys Sport last Thursday evening. Drove it to work Friday, went off road in it Friday night. Nothing real serious. It's rainy season here in FL. so pretty much every where off road is wet mud and sand. Did some water fording, deepest part was maybe 2 feet. I put it in 4 wheel drive for the first time. It was nothing for the Wrangler, it never hesitated or felt like it was going to get stuck at all. It most likely would have made it in 2 wheel drive.

Now it was pretty muddy and wet, other off road vehicles may have struggled but the Willys laughed at it. Next morning went up to Jacksonville beech to visit some family, had breakfast then over to green cove springs to visit more family. Then down to palm coast and visited more family. All wanted to see the new Jeep. LOL. Got home around 8:30 that night a went close to 280 miles.

A lot of it was on the freeway, getting the wife used to the tire noise (Doesn't bother me) it does vary depending on the road surface, a couple times it was pretty loud. Preparing her for the Nov. trip to the mountains.

I love my new Willys, I am so looking forward to the next off road adventure. I am thinking about calling in sick here one day and doing some exploring. I do need to be a little better prepared though, so I feel a shopping spree coming on. LOL.
Sponsored

Dp227

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6MT
I had a 2020 2 door sarge green Willys Sport that was an absolute pleasure. Nothing on it but AC & Towing. Manual everything else. The simplicity of the entire thing always put a smile on my face.

Enjoy it!!

Sponsored

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Very nice!!!!! Welcome aboard!!!!!! Enjoy the adventure.

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
Sounds like tonnes of fun already! Congratulations on your new Jeep!

OP
OP
longfiredragon

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did some light off-roading yesterday. Just trying to get a feel for it. Little water mostly just sugar sand. Ran into another off-roader of the hard shell variety, probably a better off-roader than me, but a little slower. Lol.

IMG_20210914_105254.jpg

IMG_20210914_104045.jpg

IMG_20210914_103926.jpg

IMG_20210914_103435.jpg

Sponsored

Bamabww

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys, Snazzberry.
Occupation
Retired and loving it.
Congrats. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Sarge green is very nice. Just ordered a Willys myself this past Monday.

Catiajockey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon unlimited
Welcome to another Jeep on the Space Coast! I think that the Willy's package is the best overall value. I was able to get my Rubi used before prices skyrocketed but I was originally on the hunt for a willy's.

OP
OP
longfiredragon

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bama, congratulations on your new Willys. I ordered mine also, start to finish it took les than a month. Mine is a base Jeep though, the Willys sport. That might of had something to do with how quick they got it done.

Catiajockey, I agree with you, the Willys is a great package IMHO. It will do everything I need it to do for years to come. Very happy with it so far.

OldMarine

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Your pics and enthusiasm made my morning. My JLU Willys is supposed to arrive on the 20th.
I also ordered Sarge Green. It just looks like a Jeep color.
Have fun with your Jeep.

ivanidea

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 2dr
Occupation
IT
I love my Green Willys, with the tan top.

Jeep.JPG
Sponsored