Love my 4xe, needs a sport mode

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
You can sort of force this mode by bumping the gear shifter to manual mode and shift manually. The gas engine stays on but you have to deal with the tedium of manually shifting. The minute you put it back in "D" the engine will shut down asap.
Yeah another person posted a thread about driving in M8 mode where both ICE and electric are running and he noticed some efficiency gains. I too noticed it but from a power perspective it felt similar to regular driving.

Would be interested to drive in this fuel and refresh mode you are talking about. Do you know how to force that? Or it was just random?
Sponsored

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
Yeah another person posted a thread about driving in M8 mode where both ICE and electric are running and he noticed some efficiency gains. I too noticed it but from a power perspective it felt similar to regular driving.

Would be interested to drive in this fuel and refresh mode you are talking about. Do you know how to force that? Or it was just random?
Fuel and Oil refresh mode runs the ICE once the gas and oil nears the computer time limit. It does this to force you to use gas and get an oil change.

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
First off I love our new gecko 4xe! Driving under electric propulsion is much nicer than I expected.
However- I bought the 4xe for the increased power. I can certainly put it in auto 4 wheel drive, turn off traction control, and out it in manual mode on the transmission to go fast , but that’s a lot of work to take off fast from a stop light.

anyone else wishing there was a sport button that prioritizes power over fuel economy?
Just wanted to follow up on this thread. I posted in another thread that when I was in FORM mode I had a blast. That is truly the sport mode I think you are talking about.

In FORM, the 4xe jumps off and has immediate power and both ICE and electric are running at the same time. I got out of FORM mode and it's a little depressing back to normal setting.

I've played around with 4H, esave, ESC off, and/or M8 but have not come close to the sport mode I was in when I was in FORM.

So now it's just a matter of finding those settings in FORM to make it in every day use. Not sure if it's a combination of Tazer with Pedal Commander or what, but definitely think its possible to unlock this beast.

I would say the difference in power in FORM vs regular is night and day, almost like having a dog on a leash then the dog breaks free and runs wild. It was such an amazing feeling.
Sponsored