Love! Hate! Love!, Full circle!, 2020 JLUR 2” Mopar lift

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I’ll make this quick and painless, I bought my 7th wrangler on Sept 1st, a 2020 JLUR. I installed a Teraflex 1.5” spacer lift with 35” Ridge Grapplers On Mopar beadlocks almost immediately and regretted it even faster. The problem was I didn’t get a chance to drive the Jeep in stock form, I wanted to get a feel for Jeep and learn its capabilities before I lifted it, but I went against my own better judgment. We all know what the Rubi can do Offroad, it was on road that I was more concerned about because 70% of the time it is used as a DD, shuffle kids around, go to work etc. I’ve been wrenching since before I could walk so the install portion is always easy for me but I chose the wrong parts from the get go. I didn’t have any steering issues to begin with but the spacer lift combined with a very heavy tire and wheel combo made the jeep very wondery if that’s even a word lol. Castor was in spec at 5and I re centered my axels with adjustable track bars. Several alignments and messing with tire pressure I finally got it to where I didn’t hate driving it, but it still wasn’t enjoyable to drive until now. Yesterday I installed the 2” Mopar lift along with a dealer PCM flash and I’ll tell you what, I’m all smiles ear to ear!!! I don’t really remember what the jeep drove like stock, but I can’t imagine it drove anywhere close to as good as it does now. The steering wheel is tight and responsive, the lift transformed this jeep into what I thought it would be when I bought it. I got about 3” out of it, caster is at 6 and the adjustable track bars took care of the 1” axle shift. There’s been a lot of negativity about the Mopar lift, I put about 200 miles on this thing since yesterday and all I can say is I’m in love, can’t wait to see what it does off road. I like the 35’s but now I’m considering 37’s, NEVER ENDS!!!!!! The lift and PCM flash, all I can say is WOW, just WOW

E5C2E745-EEF0-46EB-8DDA-087740A4E159.jpeg

36651751-BF10-4B1C-A9D6-7AC3441ABD1E.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kioti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
What adjustable track bars are you running?

I’ve been going back and forth on which lift to go with but I don’t want to compromise the on road drivability because as much as I try to get off pavement the jeep is still my dd. Thanks for your review!

Kioti

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

I’ve been going back and forth on which lift to go with but I don’t want to compromise the on road drivability because as much as I try to get off pavement the jeep is still my dd. Thanks for your review!

I just saw on another post which track bars you are running. Again, thanks for the review. I’m sold!

OP
OP
NPE102414

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

My Jeep serves the same role as yours!! Lots of complaints about the Mopar lift made me install a spacer lift which was fine for a little but always left me wanting more. I’ll admit all the negativity scared me for a while until finally I said screw it and pulled the trigger, I could not be happier!! I love everything about this lift and the way it drives and handles on road, much better then I remember stock to be. As far as the trails go, I’ll find out soon enough, but if it works out half as good off road as it did on road I’ll be ecstatic. I hated my Jeep after the spacer lift, It was wandering all over the road, the lift along with a couple more pieces put the smile right back on my face, love it!! Not to mention the new car warranty is still fully intact!!!

Sponsored

ndecker2

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
so what is the total setup that you are running? I am thinking that the Mopar lift is what I am going to put on my Rubicon but have been going back and forth on adjustable LCA's, front track bar, rear track bar, etc. I drive my Jeep on the road much more than it gets to play in the dirt so I want to make sure that my ride and handling dont take a hit when I get the lift installed!

OP
OP
NPE102414

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
so what is the total setup that you are running? I am thinking that the Mopar lift is what I am going to put on my Rubicon but have been going back and forth on adjustable LCA's, front track bar, rear track bar, etc. I drive my Jeep on the road much more than it gets to play in the dirt so I want to make sure that my ride and handling dont take a hit when I get the lift installed!
I am running the Mopar lift, Teraflex Alpina front and Rubicon express rear adjustable track bars. I also added a Falcon 2.1 steering stabilizer which I love. I would hold off on the LCA’s until you see how the alignment works out because you may not need them, I didn’t. All JL’s are not equal so some need them and others don’t, you may luck out like I did. Don’t waste money if you don’t have to, wait and see how it drives before you throw parts at it. As you can tell by my post I am thrilled with the way it drives and handles on pavement.

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
I'm running the Mopar lift with Metal Cloak adjustable front and rear track bars, and lower control arms. Couldn't be happier with how it drives and tracks. Other than the small amount of play at steering wheel center, which is unrelated.

OP
OP
NPE102414

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm running the Mopar lift with Metal Cloak adjustable front and rear track bars, and lower control arms. Couldn't be happier with how it drives and tracks. Other than the small amount of play at steering wheel center, which is unrelated.
After the dealership flashed mine the steering wheel seems noticeably tighter, not perfect but a lot better

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Glad you’re happy with it. Adding caster after lifting really makes a world of difference!

Brett

OP
OP
NPE102414

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Very happy with my Mopar lift. I have added several items like HD steering links and frt. track bar. No wandering or wobble. I did ordered a rear track bar relocation bracket. Read where it will eliminate the funny tail wag I feel once in a while. Seems many unhappy folks have had a bad install like this thread https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/mopar-2”-lift-kit-questions.39274/#post-868816
That is an absolute joke, I can’t believe they actually did that!! Actually I can believe it, I’m a snap on tools franchisee and unfortunately these are my customers and I get to see what goes on behind the curtain every day. It’s a real shame, because before I got into this business I felt confident bringing my vehicle to a dealership now I pretty much eat the cost of any warranty repair and do it myself. I am fortunate however that my local dealership has an amazing tech who installed my lift. He’s extremely knowledgeable and did an incredible job. Normally after I get something done at the dealership I’ll spend the whole day going through it to make sure they did it right, I felt no need to do any of that with this install because of how confident he made me feel.

OP
OP
NPE102414

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Glad you’re happy with it. Adding caster after lifting really makes a world of difference!

Brett
Sure does, I was shocked that it got to 6 with the Mopar control arms. It clearly shows the difference in manufacturing tolerance between one Jl and the next.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
That is an absolute joke, I can’t believe they actually did that!! Actually I can believe it, I’m a snap on tools franchisee and unfortunately these are my customers and I get to see what goes on behind the curtain every day. It’s a real shame, because before I got into this business I felt confident bringing my vehicle to a dealership now I pretty much eat the cost of any warranty repair and do it myself. I am fortunate however that my local dealership has an amazing tech who installed my lift. He’s extremely knowledgeable and did an incredible job. Normally after I get something done at the dealership I’ll spend the whole day going through it to make sure they did it right, I felt no need to do any of that with this install because of how confident he made me feel.
I’ve been trying for a week to find out who’s territory we are in for snap-on. Finally tracked a guy down by calling another shop about 20 mins away. Snap on corporate was worthless and didn’t help at all. Chased a truck down yesterday morning only to find out he doesn’t cover me! It’s surprisingly hard trying to find someone to take my $600 for a new torque wrench!

Hopefully the guy will show up Friday and I don’t go buck wild in his truck on a buying frenzy!

Brett

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been trying for a week to find out who’s territory we are in for snap-on. Finally tracked a guy down by calling another shop about 20 mins away. Snap on corporate was worthless and didn’t help at all. Chased a truck down yesterday morning only to find out he doesn’t cover me! It’s surprisingly hard trying to find someone to take my $600 for a new torque wrench!

Hopefully the guy will show up Friday and I don’t go buck wild in his truck on a buying frenzy!

Brett
That is way to easy to do, I found the best way to avoid it is take the wife on the truck with you so she can stand there and say....:swear: are you buying that for.....:giggle:.
Sponsored