Loud pop then radio goes out

PFab

First Name
Peggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I have read several posts were individuals are having issues with their radios. I have a 2011 sport Wrangler Jeep. And when I first got it the same thing happened but they can't seem to find anything wrong with it. Allowed pop and then the radio goes out and then 2 minutes later it comes back on. I have to reset everything and today when it happened I couldn't reset the clock anymore than five minutes high or low. So I had to wait until the clock got close to the actual time. That's the first time that's ever happened has anyone else had these issues the dealership cannot seem to figure it out
Sponsored

Als@Ohio

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97, 15, 18 Wranglers
18 sport...happens very randomly. Maybe every 6 months or so. Same answer, they can't find anything wrong. No codes, etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP

PFab

First Name
Peggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I've done a lot of research and the internet says that those types of things can occur when the wiring is shorted out it touches the battery cable incorrectly there's a lot of different things due to the wiring itself. Has your dealer physically looked at it or have they just done the diagnostics looking at the codes to see if there's anything wrong?

Als@Ohio

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97, 15, 18 Wranglers
I've done a lot of research and the internet says that those types of things can occur when the wiring is shorted out it touches the battery cable incorrectly there's a lot of different things due to the wiring itself. Has your dealer physically looked at it or have they just done the diagnostics looking at the codes to see if there's anything wrong?
They just checked for codes. Bout it...

OP
OP

PFab

First Name
Peggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Next time I take it in I will take it to an independent and have them check all the wiring. Just because there isn't a code doesn't mean there isn't something wrong. I had a engine light issue and there was no code but they had to replace the front end and wiring. It tokj them 2 weeks to find and correct.

spenbro

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe & 2021 Grand Cherokee Overland
Next time I take it in I will take it to an independent and have them check all the wiring. Just because there isn't a code doesn't mean there isn't something wrong. I had a engine light issue and there was no code but they had to replace the front end and wiring. It tokj them 2 weeks to find and correct.
My 2021 4xe has done this since I took delivery. The clock is either frozen on some random time, or it's way off. When I try changing it, the radio resets completely. I haven't taken it in to have it checked out yet.
Sponsored