Loud cooling fan?

Hound

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sport jl
I got mine fixed with this today and my ac is just as cold as it was before it got this fix . however I still prefer the top down and the doors off !
Also got to check out a new 2019 gladiator! SWEET!!!!!!!
Sponsored

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
I got mine fixed with this today and my ac is just as cold as it was before it got this fix . however I still prefer the top down and the doors off !
Also got to check out a new 2019 gladiator! SWEET!!!!!!!
I had mine fixed as soon as the Service bulletin came out. A/C works as good as ever.

jl73660

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moving on up .....
Another example of poor quality parts and design on a $50K vehicle.

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Put me in the "I love the cooling capabilities of this JL" camp.
Anyone who has offroaded in the past and watched temps creep up love the fan.
I have had multiple compliments about my 195 degree coolant temps on the trail.

Seems like city boys complaining about a vehicle engineered to run reliably in places like Moab and the Rubicon.

Sponsored

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
Had this done on my JLUR and JLU Sport S at the same time at the dealer recently.

In May of 2018 complained to dealer about excessive Fan noise and response was " Jeep designed it this way for off road use".

I just let it do its "ENGAGE AFTERBURNERS WHILE SITTING STILL" thing until I saw this TSB REVB.

Both today are super quiet (MAX/AC) and AC is as cold or colder now than in 2018.

Took both light to medium wheeling on a hot day and only the Rubicon fan get louder when needed.

The Sport S fan seemed to stay at a constant speed no matter how slow I was moving.

Daily driving improved as well.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I live very close to Death Valley, I wan't my engine and A/C to stay cool, no matter how damn loud the fan is.
The flash update doesn't make the JL engine or the AC run hotter. The fan will still go just as loud as before, but only when it needs to, versus every single time it activates the fan.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
The flash update doesn't make the JL engine or the AC run hotter. The fan will still go just as loud as before, but only when it needs to, versus every single time it activates the fan.
Yea, mine is a March 2019 build so I believe it already has it. We'll see soon, it's already hitting 100 out here in hell.

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
Yea, mine is a March 2019 build so I believe it already has it. We'll see soon, it's already hitting 100 out here in hell.
We're just up the highway in the desert and it was close to 100 the other day. UYou can hear how loud the fan is even after the TSB, and is especially noticeable when I stall and it goes quiet (at around 0:32)... until the engine is going again and the fan kicks back in (around 0:50).

Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
We're just up the highway in the desert and it was close to 100 the other day. UYou can hear how loud the fan is even after the TSB, and is especially noticeable when I stall and it goes quiet (at around 0:32)... until the engine is going again and the fan kicks back in (around 0:50).

The software update fixes the problem so the fan isn't full blast 100% of the time. It still needs to be and will be full blast in the extreme heat after the software update.

Last edited:

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
90° hear in C-bus today. Walked in front of the Jeep while it was running to see how loud the engine cooling fan is. In my "opinion" it's not too loud. I've heard other vehicles that loud. The noise is outside in front of the Jeep. I'm inside behind it, barely noticable. It's doing it's job, Jeep runs cool. I'm not going to complain about it.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU

Yea, we are at that time of year itll be over 100 for the next 4 months. It gets up there noise wise pretty often now, i dont care as long as it keeps my engine cool. This is one of the most extreme environments vehicles can operate in, and it sometimes only takes one overheat event to begin a long line of engine problems. We wheeled pretty hard for 7 hours this last Friday, never getting over 15mph, my coolant temp stayed below 220 the whole day. I am happy with it.

Schism75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLU SAHARA
I run without a top most of the time (no A/C) so A/C wasn’t as noticeable until today. Kiddos were running hot so I fired the A/C up on full blast and fan was extraordinarily loud while crawling through a Dunkin Donuts drive thru. Chick in front of me kept looking nervous in her rear view for good reason. Had to shut the A/C off so she can order.

Ingrum

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport; 2018 Jaguar F Pace
Mine is odd. At 70 degrees the fan doesn't run and the engine temp will run 205-215 degrees in town. At 90 degrees the fan runs a lot and is annoyingly loud, but the engine temp runs 193-199 degrees on the same in town route.
Sponsored