Sponsored

Loud AC Cooling Fan Fix - TSB 18-041-18 Rev B Oct 16

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
They supposedly installed the fix for the loud fan today on my 2019 JLUR. When I hit 30mph, and temperature outside is >=90F here in San Antonio, TX, the cooling fan still kicks up to high gear which is quite audible inside the cabin. Once I drop below 25mph or so, it dies back down, every time. Is anybody still seeing this behavior post-update?
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
They supposedly installed the fix for the loud fan today on my 2019 JLUR. When I hit 30mph, and temperature outside is >=90F here in San Antonio, TX, the cooling fan still kicks up to high gear which is quite audible inside the cabin. Once I drop below 25mph or so, it dies back down, every time. Is anybody still seeing this behavior post-update?
No mine hardly ever comes on loud it's great

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
@Jammer

Thanks for the hookup with Morgan. Did mine today, no more loud fan or idle surge.

Dodgeman70592

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2011 Challenger SRT IE #94, 2023 392XR
I have the same issue, the surging bothers me much more than the fan.....even though it sounds like an airliner lol. How do we find out if our VIN is eligible?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I have the same issue, the surging bothers me much more than the fan.....even though it sounds like an airliner lol. How do we find out if our VIN is eligible?
If your fan is loud just take it in and get it updated with the software and it won't go away just about. Don't listen to people that say there's only one way to do it and that means the fan will come on till I gets hotter it won't cool as much you'll be hotter ac won't get as cold I've had mine for 2 weeks now it gets just as cold. so don't listen to someone that's never had it done and can make that statement. Some are mechanics or think they're mechanics saying the only way to do that it comes on at higher temperatures and you'll be hot. Don't listen to that blah blah blah just go get it done if you don't like it you can take it back off with another software. Trust me another guy on here that said it works we are very happy. there's another thread where people talked about it saying how it works in them. Anybody that has an 18 or 19 JL if yours is loud you can get it done if you don't want to do it they don't do it but don't say it doesn't work please if you haven't tried it

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
@Jammer

Thanks for the hookup with Morgan. Did mine today, no more loud fan or idle surge.
You're welcome I'm so glad it helped you. isn't it wonderful not to hear that loud noise hardly at all ? Only time I hear my loud it's if it's really really hot outside like 105

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You're welcome I'm so glad it helped you. isn't it wonderful not to hear that loud noise hardly at all ? Only time I hear my loud it's if it's really really hot outside like 105
The idle surge was bothering me the most.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
And as a bonus, a buddy picked me up at the dealership and took me to 407 BBQ for lunch. Some of the best brisket I’ve ever had.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
The idle surge was bothering me the most.
YEP IT WILL ALSO FIX THAT AND ABOUT 10 OTHER THINGS ON THE LIST. SO THOSE WHO DONT WANT TO GET IT DONE ON THE FAN NOISE IT WILL ALSO FIX ABOUT 11 OTHER THINGS IN THE SOFT WARE UPDATE ITS JUST NOT THE FAN

Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Is the behavior I described what happened prior to your update? Thanks!
In my case, prior to the software update, the fan was at 100% full speed every time, any speed, any outside temperature. Now the fan only goes to full hovercraft volume level when it absolutely needs to - when it is mega hot outside. Also, I didn't even know I had rough idling until the software update. I thought it was normal. Now it idles so smoothly, it isn't as obvious the engine is even running like it was before.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
In my case, prior to the software update, the fan was at 100% full speed every time, any speed, any outside temperature. Now the fan only goes to full hovercraft volume level when it absolutely needs to - when it is mega hot outside. Also, I didn't even know I had rough idling until the software update. I thought it was normal. Now it idles so smoothly, it isn't as obvious the engine is even running like it was before.
Yes it does about 10 other things people should have it done and they'll realize how much better it idles not mention the fan is so quiet

Jasonangel

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl Rubicon
YEP IT WILL ALSO FIX THAT AND ABOUT 10 OTHER THINGS ON THE LIST. SO THOSE WHO DONT WANT TO GET IT DONE ON THE FAN NOISE IT WILL ALSO FIX ABOUT 11 OTHER THINGS IN THE SOFT WARE UPDATE ITS JUST NOT THE FAN
Do you happen to know what the other things are?

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
Had mine done yesterday and all the issues I had are fixed! No more Lear Jet syndrome, no more rough idle, and no more intermittent ESS failure lights.
Sponsored