Loud AC Cooling Fan Fix - TSB 18-041-18 Rev B Oct 16

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Has anyone had TSB 18-041-18 Rev B October 16th 2018 applied (PCM flash update) and it fixed the loud AC fan noise? Also, I had TSB 18-041-18 Rev A applied in September (PCM flash update). Does rev B need to be applied since Rev A doesn't mention the fan noise and my fan is still loud? Or is the flash update the same and just the bulletin info was updated?

The other day I was at an intersection / red light. A pedestrian was waiting for the walk light, looked over at me, put his fingers in his ears and mouthed "That is F_cking loud". I'm not a good lip reader, but it was obvious what he was saying.

Here is the link to both Rev A and Rev B. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...vements-pcm-reprogram-september-7-2018.15739/ Below is Rev B.

tsb-fan-2.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rocstar

First Name
Kristin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2014 JK
Occupation
Technical Writer
This is interesting since everyone has been told the loud fan was normal since day one, but now they say there is a fix for it.

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm trying to get clarification on which fan they are actually referring to. Someone in another forum noticed the TSB says "blower fan". A blower fan is the fan in the dash that blows the air. In another thread titled loud cooling fan, Jeep Cares referenced the TSB that mentions loud blower fan. Why would there be a TSB on the internal blower fan and not the external AC fan that is so loud you can't even hear the internal blower fan? Maybe the person who wrote the TSB meant the external AC fan?

Highonlyfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2011 JKU
OST

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
Has anyone gotten the new flash for the extremely loud fan noise when AC is on max? did it fix the fan noise? The TSB came out 12 days ago, someone must have gotten this flash by now.....

Sponsored

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone gotten the new flash for the extremely loud fan noise when AC is on max? did it fix the fan noise? The TSB came out 12 days ago, someone must have gotten this flash by now.....
I doubt many here would make an appointment at the dealer service for this, maybe make mention of in when taking in for an oil change or more serious recall.

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I doubt many here would make an appointment at the dealer service for this, maybe make mention of in when taking in for an oil change or more serious recall.
Probably. Funny though, the loud fan seems to be in every top 5 or top 10 JL complaint lists.

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
I'm making an appt damnit. I have the first two issues and really hate the fan noise.

I guess when FCA said the new Jeep will have over a million miles of testing the forgot to mention it included all of us who bought one in 2018. We're pretty much beta testers for this new jeep.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I'm making an appt damnit. I have the first two issues and really hate the fan noise.

I guess when FCA said the new Jeep will have over a million miles of testing the forgot to mention it included all of us who bought one in 2018. We're pretty much beta testers for this new jeep.
I do believe that when any vehicle is redesigned almost 100% there are going to be issues, I would have thought not so much with the Wrangler as the JK was a pretty solid vehicle that was produced for lots of years but I’m sure the 2019 will be very solid as all the bugs hopefully will be worked out by then.

Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
I do believe that when any vehicle is redesigned almost 100% there are going to be issues, I would have thought not so much with the Wrangler as the JK was a pretty solid vehicle that was produced for lots of years but I’m sure the 2019 will be very solid as all the bugs hopefully will be worked out by then.
This is BS then. 3.9 million miles and none of these issues popped up. I can chalk some things up to mass production growing pains; weld issues, poor fitting panels, mismatched fenders, etc, but loud AC fan, steering problems, Uconnect issues, wandering, cruise control failures, etc...that should have all been discovered and corrected during those 3.9 million miles.

The all-new Wrangler has undergone more than 3.9 million miles of testing – one of the highest totals ever for any FCA US vehicle. Extreme-weather testing occurred in various environments, including the scorching Arizona heat and blistering cold of Alaska for months at a time. Wrangler was subjected to global test miles as well in countries such as China, Brazil, India, Australasia and Italy. In addition to all laboratory and standardized tests, the all-new Wrangler traversed Northern Michigan mud, the Rubicon Trail and everywhere in between.

http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=18667&mid=

Tylerjcloud92

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport
I could care less about the fan. Thank god they are finally doing something about the throttle surging with the a/c on. Makes me so happy my dealer was trying to tell me it was related to the aftermarket axle back exhaust.. is there a link to a un highlited version of the revision?

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
i would rather have loud fan noise than warmer AC.
99.9999% of vehicles have cold AC and a non-power vac level loud fan, so I am sure it is possible to have both. Lol
Sponsored