First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I noticed on the spreadsheet (great job toolaide4fit !) that many of you are ordering the Mopar reinforcement from the factory. What made you choose that one? If you didn't, what solution are you planning on using for oversize tires? I was going to wait for the AEV frame-mount, but I'm open to suggestions.

TIA, Rick
Sponsored

Beestmode

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Diesel
I noticed on the spreadsheet (great job toolaide4fit !) that many of you are ordering the Mopar reinforcement from the factory. What made you choose that one? If you didn't, what solution are you planning on using for oversize tires? I was going to wait for the AEV frame-mount, but I'm open to suggestions.

TIA, Rick
I'm going with the LOD destroyer rear bumper with frame mounted tire carrier.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Also waiting for AEV’s solution. Most OEM-looking option on the market (better in my opinion) and I think frame-mounting the spare is the only way to go when you’re at 37”+. The AEV fuel caddy is also a must for my use case.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Also waiting for AEV’s solution. Most OEM-looking option on the market (better in my opinion) and I think frame-mounting the spare is the only way to go when you’re at 37”+. The AEV fuel caddy is also a must for my use case.
I wonder if the future Mopar steel bumpers will come pre-drilled (and capped off) from the factory like the Hard Rock rear bumper? Is AEV as close to Jeep as they once were? [I don't think so; especially since they seem to be putting more effort into other manufacturers.]

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I wonder if the future Mopar steel bumpers will come pre-drilled (and capped off) from the factory like the Hard Rock rear bumper? Is AEV as close to Jeep as they once were? [I don't think so; especially since they seem to be putting more effort into other manufacturers.]
What goes on inside AEV is a mystery to just about everyone outside the company anymore. They’ve definitely gotten away from their former focus on Jeep though. All I know is they are making turnkey builds with the parts we want as I type this, so that’s about as solid of evidence re imminent availability as you’ll ever get.

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What goes on inside AEV is a mystery to just about everyone outside the company anymore. They’ve definitely gotten away from their former focus on Jeep though. All I know is they are making turnkey builds with the parts we want as I type this, so that’s about as solid of evidence re imminent availability as you’ll ever get.
You're right. The JL tire carrier is a big as life on their "vehicles" web page. With that for encouragement, I'd wait too if I were you. Once you buy the Mopar solution, as well as the (ridiculously sold separate) mounting bracket, you've spent almost as much as the AEV frame-mount.
Sponsored