Lost torque and responsiveness..

whoashaun

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
I hit 5000kms and went to the dealership for my first oil change (synthetic). They also disconnected the battery to change the steering wheel (another story for another day) and said they had to reset everything. Now my Jeep feels completely different. There's barely any torque response when pressing the gas, I have to step down on the gas for it to get a response. Before this dealership visit it was very quick and responsive, a touch of the gas and it would jump, now it feels slow. Anyone know why?
Sponsored

Skye

First Name
Skye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Nuclear FSE
I may be way out of the box here but I know when the steering wheel is turned and I punch it a little to like pull out in traffic it seems that the computer limits the power due to steering angle for safely.

Maybe there's some sensor out of whack since the steering wheel work.

Just a thought, I'm no expert.

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
I hit 5000kms and went to the dealership for my first oil change (synthetic). They also disconnected the battery to change the steering wheel (another story for another day) and said they had to reset everything. Now my Jeep feels completely different. There's barely any torque response when pressing the gas, I have to step down on the gas for it to get a response. Before this dealership visit it was very quick and responsive, a touch of the gas and it would jump, now it feels slow. Anyone know why?
Is it an automatic?

If so, it may be re-learning all of the shift points after the complete reset.

OP
OP
whoashaun

whoashaun

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
Is it an automatic?

If so, it may be re-learning all of the shift points after the complete reset.
It's an automatic. It only has 5000kms, I don't know why it would need to relearn the shift points, it should go back to factory, exactly the way it was.
Sponsored