First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
My 2018 JLUR is like an old house ... it has all kinds of quirks ... mostly electronic. Some come up on every off-road outing ... triangles in the mirrors light up at some point in the journey. Some come up only once ... constant tone in the radio. And others are intermittent ... push button to lock doors is inop.

However, this is a new one. After being on a trail for most of the afternoon, my tire pressure readout disappeared. Hmmm. Decided I'd wait until I get on the asphalt to restart the Jeep ... have had two bad aux batteries, so I avoid turning off the Jeep on a trail as much as possible. About an hour later the right side numbers showed up. And then about a half hour later the left side showed up.

Have you had this happen? Got any ideas ... short of a new Jeep?

Jeep Wrangler JL Lost Tire Pressure Readout for an hour 20201113_160856
Sponsored

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
Out of curiosity - how low of a tire pressure will the display read?

Not knowing that - my first thought was with temps dropping - and reading here about people's tire pressure dropping (and experiencing this myself) mid ride, maybe they hit that threshold where they cannot read properly and then as the temps raise a touch and the psi rises 1-2 they are back into range.

Of course - by your photo - if they can usually display psi at like 10 etc then my point is moot.

Again - I have no idea lol just saying what came to mind...

OP
OP
47Jeepster

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Out of curiosity - how low of a tire pressure will the display read? ...
Not sure how low the numbers will go. I'm running 35" KM3's on beaded wheels, so aim for 14 psi. During a normal ride, the pressures will vary from 12 to 16 psi. So, that wasn't the cause of the disappearance.

BTW ... as a side note, I just realized that FCA has stopped sending me e-mails that my tire pressures are too low. Hmmm ... Jeep Wave and warrenty both ran out a couple of months back.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Happens to me on my 2018 every now and then, usually last 15-45 mins but then magically comes back. For me i attribute it to my lift, high offset on wheels and where the TPMS sensors are in the wheels, I figure when it gets really bad I will get a Tazer or similar and just turn the shit off and use my tire gage in the glove box like we did long before TPMS

OP
OP
47Jeepster

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Happens to me on my 2018 every now and then, usually last 15-45 mins but then magically comes back. For me i attribute it to my lift, high offset on wheels and where the TPMS sensors are in the wheels, I figure when it gets really bad I will get a Tazer or similar and just turn the shit off and use my tire gage in the glove box like we did long before TPMS
I'm running 35" tires on wheels with a 4.5" backspacing and a MetalCloak 2.5" lift that actually came out at 3.5". Since that's a modest setup, I can probably not expect this to appear that much. Have 13 months on this set up and this is the first time it occurred.

As an extra credit question ... do you have a Blind Spot Monitoring System? I've noticed, since the lift, that small cars (not very tall) can almost sneak under the Blind Spot Monitoring System. Even if they don't sneak under it, they alert later than normal and drop the alert signal quicker than normal when passing me.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running 35" tires on wheels with a 4.5" backspacing and a MetalCloak 2.5" lift that actually came out at 3.5". Since that's a modest setup, I can probably not expect this to appear that much. Have 13 months on this set up and this is the first time it occurred.

As an extra credit question ... do you have a Blind Spot Monitoring System? I've noticed, since the lift, that small cars (not very tall) can almost sneak under the Blind Spot Monitoring System. Even if they don't sneak under it, they alert later than normal and drop the alert signal quicker than normal when passing me.
My Method MR312 have a -12 offset and the TPMS sensor does not protrude towards the center of the wheel and in addition to that I’m running BFG 35” KO2’s but for the most part they work.

As far as the BSM system I would say it has to do with lift and I doubt the dealer will address this since a lift is involved as even raising the vehicle a small amount can charge what area the BSM system is looking at.
Sponsored