Sponsored

lost OffRoad Pages gained MarketPlace

Deleted member 29342

I got lost my market page and a lot of other stuff. This been going on since 6am my Jeep have been shut off and on multiple times so far and it’s been like this.

B8DA7C26-7F7C-43D6-8433-FD826DFE2306.jpeg
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Do we need to contact you to get the update pushed or will it just happen automagically? ORP is still missing from my Jeep as well. I thought I got the update today, as all of the apps rearranged themselves again, but sadly still no ORP.
Hi,
For those who did not get the update pushed to their vehicle I would like to open a case for them. If you'd like, please send us your VIN, email, phone number, and mileage to get started.

Alison
JeepCares

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Yea, It’s funny how they have no trouble removing the FREE app off road pages and replacing with an app where we have to spend money. All the apps that require us giving information or spending money work perfect. Off-road pages does nothing for the corporate bottom line so they have no incentive to give it back or make it work.
It doesn't sound like ORP was "removed". It sounds like Market was added and a programming issue caused a problem. They are working to bring it back, and some people have already had it restored. Still no incentive to the corporate bottom line, other than making their customers happy.
That said, all my apps work fine, including those that have nothing to do with spending or information. My phone book, heated seats/wheel, back-up camera, etc. all work flawlessly. I could see if none of the apps that do nothing for corporate worked, but it's one app that failed as a result of an update. They immediately started working to fix it too. Yes, ideally they would have tested more, or done a small scale roll-out first but I really don't think they're only worried about money/info apps. It was a mistake, they're working to fix it.
To err is human, to forgive is divine.

I didn't buy the Jeep for/or because of the app, but its nice to have. It works perfectly fine without it. Same goes with the spare tire, nice to have when you need it. It still works perfectly fine without it. Once I bought it, you cant come to my house and take my spare tire unannounced. That is kinda how I feel about this missing app situation, boy I hope Jeep/Uconnect learns a lesson here.
I like the analogy, but I think you missed it by a little bit. it's not really the same, because taking the spare would be an intentional act. They weren't trying to take away ORP, they were trying to add Market.
I think a more accurate analogy would be like them giving you the Trail Rail system for free and forgetting to put the cargo mat back in when they're done. They realize it and give you the mat back, but it takes some time to get it to you. Just like ORP, they didn't intentionally take it away, and they returned it. Not an ideal situation, but ultimately your safety is never compromised, you didn't lose anything, and you ultimately get more than you had before.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
It doesn't sound like ORP was "removed". It sounds like Market was added and a programming issue caused a problem. They are working to bring it back, and some people have already had it restored. Still no incentive to the corporate bottom line, other than making their customers happy.
That said, all my apps work fine, including those that have nothing to do with spending or information. My phone book, heated seats/wheel, back-up camera, etc. all work flawlessly. I could see if none of the apps that do nothing for corporate worked, but it's one app that failed as a result of an update. They immediately started working to fix it too. Yes, ideally they would have tested more, or done a small scale roll-out first but I really don't think they're only worried about money/info apps. It was a mistake, they're working to fix it.
To err is human, to forgive is divine.

I like the analogy, but I think you missed it by a little bit. it's not really the same, because taking the spare would be an intentional act. They weren't trying to take away ORP, they were trying to add Market.
I think a more accurate analogy would be like them giving you the Trail Rail system for free and forgetting to put the cargo mat back in when they're done. They realize it and give you the mat back, but it takes some time to get it to you. Just like ORP, they didn't intentionally take it away, and they returned it. Not an ideal situation, but ultimately your safety is never compromised, you didn't lose anything, and you ultimately get more than you had before.
Your very forgiving with my money. If you don’t care about your off-road pages that’s fine. Your word play semantics “removed” not there whatever. when I bought and paid for my jeep I had off road pages I no longer have them. Removed , gone , no mas , whatever you want to say the result is the same I no longer have them ! period.
Oh and PS whatever is wrong with your jeep it doesn’t bother me at all. How my off-road pages missing bothers you escapes me, unless your a liberal nut then it makes total sense.

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Thanks, message sent

Hi,
For those who did not get the update pushed to their vehicle I would like to open a case for them. If you'd like, please send us your VIN, email, phone number, and mileage to get started.

Alison
JeepCares

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Your very forgiving with my money. If you don’t care about your off-road pages that’s fine. Your word play semantics “removed” not there whatever. when I bought and paid for my jeep I had off road pages I no longer have them. Removed , gone , no mas , whatever you want to say the result is the same I no longer have them ! period.
Oh and PS whatever is wrong with your jeep it doesn’t bother me at all. How my off-road pages missing bothers you escapes me, unless your a liberal nut then it makes total sense.
No, I'm not a liberal nut, and your ORP working or not doesn't bother me at all. I'm just looking at it analytically and trying to give some perspective. My point to you was that your spare tire analogy made it sound like an intentional act, where the reality seems to be more of a error (unintended side affect of programming change).
I used "removed" because that's how No IFS worded it, but I agree, that no matter how you say it, it's still not there. At the end of the day the app that you had, want and have every expectation to keep isn't there. A resolution/restoration is forthcoming (as noted some have already got it back), and you will ultimately get it back. I know with our modern technology we've become very used to getting things immediately. Unfortunately this isn't one of those times, but that doesn't mean they won't give the back. And yes, you're right they never should have gone away to begin with, but they did so now we have to go from there.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
It’s good to hear some getting their pages back. mine are still missing.

Sponsored

Salvajav

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler 4 doors Moab Edition, 2” Mopar lift, 35”tires, One touch Sky power top, Gladiator front camera.
Great job Jeep !!! Same here .Very disappointing. Still missing, almost for a month....
Merry Christmas everyone!

bloodreddeuce

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Got my ORP back but the elevation doesn't show as before--just dashes (- - - -) so there is still issues with the update.

Deleted member 29342

Got my ORP back but the elevation doesn't show as before--just dashes (- - - -) so there is still issues with the update.
Same issue. First pic it was working When I first start the Jeep. Second picture it stop working once I made a turn off my street and it won’t come back to probably the next day but 98% of the time it’s not working.

B1B3F5C8-A891-47D8-9CCD-D8CF26CAA3CA.jpeg

23C65C41-1BA1-432C-B6EC-806FCE1C4F3C.jpeg

JeepEagle1

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Punk'n Metallic
Same thing happened to me. Off-road pages disappeared and was replaced by the Marketplace app. It's disappointing.
I did a factory reset for the apps as described above. ORP returned although the elevation is still problematic. I have used Apple CarPlay but did not connect my iPhone via bluetooth. ORP has been working for about a month now.
Sponsored