lost OffRoad Pages gained MarketPlace

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
Is it by installing the updated OS with a flash drive? I came a cross a UCONNECT page with downloads and instructions
Yes, that's how I did it.
Sponsored

ChimpanZed

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
Is it by installing the updated OS with a flash drive? I came a cross a UCONNECT page with downloads and instructions
Can you post the link? The only one I can find requires me to enter my VIN and then tells me I’m up to date.

sam0329

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
From Canada here, also notice the ORP is gone from my 2019 JLU....??? Checked on the UCONNECT page and said I am up to date as well???

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Mine just disappeared in the middle of a trail yesterday (nov 24). I was using it all morning and all the previous day, and around 2PM PST the icon disappeared and Market had appeared.

2019 model here, rubicon. Is this going to automatically come back or can I kick it into action?

bloodreddeuce

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Lost my ORP yesterday so I reached out to Jeep Cares and got the following response. "
Thank you for that clarification. We've been working closely with our engineering team to work on the Off Road Pages concern. We're working on getting the technological components needed to ensure everything is working again. I've been told the estimated fix will be next week. I apologize for this inconvenience. Please feel free to reach out to me in the meantime if you have any other concerns.
Alex
Jeep Cares"

So guess we'll see.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Mine was the same way. But, I realized that it was merely that our radios don't get any updates over the air..... I was able to update the radio myself from the Uconnect website using a USB key. And then finally 15 months after it should have had them, I finally had the app on the radio.
Winchell, my 2018 didn't have the ORP on the radio either but you can update the software yourself and get them. I did and my ORP still work. Either I don't get OTA updates or the fact that mine is garage kept keeps me from getting the signal (IDK), but OTA updates don't come to mine.
Outstanding, thanks. I guess I'm going to do the update myself. Although it sounds like I might want to wait a few weeks so FCA can resolve the market/ORP issue first. ha ha.
Thanks for the tip. FWIW, mine is garage kept too, so I wonder if that's why I'm not getting OTA updates. Funny enough though, it sounds like that's a good thing. I can update when I want to rather than being forced into it similar to how a lot of you got this latest one.

FCA needs to learn how to manage scale. You will never catch all the failures with simple unit testing. They need to take a page from Tesla here... get a small group of enthusiasts that are willing to be beta testers. Roll out to them. At the scale Jeep has, this needs to be in the line of 100,000 users. Have a good roll back plan if something goes sideways. After the system clears beta testing, then start rolling out to a broader group, when the system seems stable, roll out to the next group...

this is how the companies that know how to handle scale deployments do it.
That's the difference between a tech company and a company that's trying to keep up with the times. This is the sort of thing the tech company does so they've gotten very good at doing it. If the tables were turned and Tesla was trying to make an off-road capable vehicle, they'd probably run into some hick-ups along the way. We've all got to remember what we bought and who we bought it from. I'm not saying that I accept when things that should work (or used to work) don't, but I accept that they may take a little time to get it right. As long as the Jeep part of things (ie. driveability, off-road capable, etc) work as expected I can accept a gimmick item on the radio not working right away.

On that note, time to manually download an update. :)

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

From Canada here, also notice the ORP is gone from my 2019 JLU....??? Checked on the UCONNECT page and said I am up to date as well???
Canadian here and the update removed my ORP and I don't even get the frakking marketplace in return. I do like the new map interface that shows potential POEs as quick options along the right side of the display.

There is no way that FCA did anything remotely like a beta/mass deployment test to this or any other of the 4C software updates. Buggiest Uconnect system I've ever used in a decade.

sam0329

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
Canadian here and the update removed my ORP and I don't even get the frakking marketplace in return. I do like the new map interface that shows potential POEs as quick options along the right side of the display.

There is no way that FCA did anything remotely like a beta/mass deployment test to this or any other of the 4C software updates. Buggiest Uconnect system I've ever used in a decade.
I did not do any update and it just disappear, my map still look the same like before. So I am guessing some kind of update was pushed through over automatically. I think we Canadian do not gain the market place stuff but lost the ORP lol. Hope it will come back next week like what @JeepCares said!

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

I did not do any update and it just disappear, my map still look the same like before. So I am guessing some kind of update was pushed through over automatically. I think we Canadian do not gain the market place stuff but lost the ORP lol. Hope it will come back next week like what @JeepCares said!
I'll get a screenshot today. It may only work when not in motion. Just noticed it last night.

Sponsored

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
My ORP vanished again today. This is ridiculous.

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

That's the difference between a tech company and a company that's trying to keep up with the times. This is the sort of thing the tech company does so they've gotten very good at doing it. If the tables were turned and Tesla was trying to make an off-road capable vehicle, they'd probably run into some hick-ups along the way. We've all got to remember what we bought and who we bought it from. I'm not saying that I accept when things that should work (or used to work) don't, but I accept that they may take a little time to get it right. As long as the Jeep part of things (ie. driveability, off-road capable, etc) work as expected I can accept a gimmick item on the radio not working right away.

On that note, time to manually download an update. :)
What we are seeing here is just incompetence. There is no new ground breaking technology here. Unlike my Tesla, I did not purchase a Jeep under the pretense that I was beta testing some new and innovative technology. This is all elements that other companies seem to be able to make work.

This is another example that FCA/Jeep/Mopar can't get their act together and make things work properly. 1970's business model trying to make it in modern times. It just doesn't cut it any more.

These are not cheap vehicles. FCA seems content to take the money and run, and not deliver the needed support.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

What we are seeing here is just incompetence. There is no new ground breaking technology here. Unlike my Tesla, I did not purchase a Jeep under the pretense that I was beta testing some new and innovative technology. This is all elements that other companies seem to be able to make work.

This is another example that FCA/Jeep/Mopar can't get their act together and make things work properly. 1970's business model trying to make it in modern times. It just doesn't cut it any more.

These are not cheap vehicles. FCA seems content to take the money and run, and not deliver the needed support.
Admittedly, all of the major manufacturers are facing this issue. Remember the Ford Sync debacle? I do agree that much more needs to be done with QA and pre-release testing. I'd bet they didn't test an OTA deployment, and just dumped the test firmware onto their mule(s).

Then again, they took a year to bring this release to market, or at least a year. The 2018 and '19 model years had the same bugs and reboots, and part of this update was a fix for that.

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

Admittedly, all of the major manufacturers are facing this issue. Remember the Ford Sync debacle? I do agree that much more needs to be done with QA and pre-release testing. I'd bet they didn't test an OTA deployment, and just dumped the test firmware onto their mule(s).

Then again, they took a year to bring this release to market, or at least a year. The 2018 and '19 model years had the same bugs and reboots, and part of this update was a fix for that.
That is the problem... unit testing and pre-release testing has to be done, but it isn't effective at scale. They need to assume that things will fail in manners that they cannot anticipate. Therefore, you have to do a scaled roll out, measure for failure, and then proceed. If you hit a failure, you have to have a roll back plan. This whole process has to be automated, as you can't troubleshoot your way out of a million unit deployment with humans...

The problem for Jeep, and frankly, and company that isn't Microsoft, Amazon, or Google... is that you cannot find folks who know how to do this. If you can, you are paying them more money than a company like Jeep wants to pay.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

That is the problem... unit testing and pre-release testing has to be done, but it isn't effective at scale. They need to assume that things will fail in manners that they cannot anticipate. Therefore, you have to do a scaled roll out, measure for failure, and then proceed. If you hit a failure, you have to have a roll back plan. This whole process has to be automated, as you can't troubleshoot your way out of a million unit deployment with humans...

The problem for Jeep, and frankly, and company that isn't Microsoft, Amazon, or Google... is that you cannot find folks who know how to do this. If you can, you are paying them more money than a company like Jeep wants to pay.

I offered to use my Jeep as a beta platform multiple times to the technicians I spoke to and it boiled down to “we don’t do that”.
Sponsored