UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, please. If I have already opened a case for you please send me a message and I will escalate it to the proper person.

Bret- I've updated your case to show you did not receive the update bringing back Off Road Pages. I've also reached out to your case manager for you. You should be hearing from her shortly.

Alison
JeepCares
You can close my case. ORP came back a little while ago. Thanks for all your help.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@JeepCares if you open a case, are you able to solve this over the air if we are still missing ORP or is the fix to go to the dealer? I have been missing mine for several weeks now. Thanks
Yes, this will be an over the air fix. Please continue reaching out to us, as this will be the best way to fix this concern.

Alison
JeepCares

GrandMasterB

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 4dr. 2.0T
Occupation
Truk Driver
I brought the Jeep in for an oil change and tire rotation the other day, i mentioned to the service advisor about the missing off road app. He assured me he will look into it. He also says this is the first time he heard of a complaint of a missing app. when we picked up the Jeep later that day the service advisor said all set, nothing wrong with the uconnect system.

This is what is printed on my service invoice. : Customer states off road app disappeared from screen and was replaced by market place app. check & report..unable to confirm concern, contacted u connect and scan of vehicle health was performed, vehicle operating as designed.

I find this interesting, either my dealer lied to me or uconnect lied to them. I am not sure how i am feeling about this. I would be happy if he said they know there is an issue and u connect is working on it. To be fair, I went in knowing there was an issue, just didn't let them know I knew. Either way someone is not being honest.

20191213_191620.jpg

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I brought the Jeep in for an oil change and tire rotation the other day, i mentioned to the service advisor about the missing off road app. He assured me he will look into it. He also says this is the first time he heard of a complaint of a missing app. when we picked up the Jeep later that day the service advisor said all set, nothing wrong with the uconnect system.

This is what is printed on my service invoice. : Customer states off road app disappeared from screen and was replaced by market place app. check & report..unable to confirm concern, contacted u connect and scan of vehicle health was performed, vehicle operating as designed.

I find this interesting, either my dealer lied to me or uconnect lied to them. I am not sure how i am feeling about this. I would be happy if he said they know there is an issue and u connect is working on it. To be fair, I went in knowing there was an issue, just didn't let them know I knew. Either way someone is not being honest.

20191213_191620.jpg
Make sure and check your oil level , this Incompetent dealer might also be putting in 6 quarts.

Deleted member 29342

I like the old days where you had to download the Uconnect update to a usb drive and then upload it to your Jeep.

Sponsored

GrandMasterB

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 4dr. 2.0T
Occupation
Truk Driver
Make sure and check your oil level , this Incompetent dealer might also be putting in 6 quarts.
I did question that at pick up, the service advisor said the invoice says 6 qts. because they add a little over 5 and there is no option on the computer to show 5+. I just wanted out at that point didn't feel like arguing. I did put 2 straight scratches on the oil filter in a spot hard to notice without knowing where to look beforehand, to their credit it was replaced! I did check the oil level, hard to get an accurate reading but it does look good.

20191213_201317.jpg

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I did question that at pick up, the service advisor said the invoice says 6 qts. because they add a little over 5 and there is no option on the computer to show 5+. I just wanted out at that point didn't feel like arguing. I did put 2 straight scratches on the oil filter in a spot hard to notice without knowing where to look beforehand, to their credit it was replaced! I did check the oil level, hard to get an accurate reading but it does look good.

20191213_201317.jpg
Definitely do not want to start any oil change debate. They are pointless. Do your own research thereā€™s 100 threads on this website. The JL takes exactly 5.0 quarts per manual and dipstick. I do my own oil changes and the Pennzoil 5 quart jug fills it perfectly. Just FYI.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
.....I find this interesting, either my dealer lied to me or uconnect lied to them. I am not sure how i am feeling about this......
It's likely more an issue of the shop being uninformed rather than dishonest. I hate to say it but a lot of places have very little in depth knowledge of what they're selling or what they're working on. I've educated salesmen on available features of vehicles I've bought. If the service manual doesn't tell the "mechanic" something, they don't know what to do or how to check it. For example, after nearly a year my Jeep was going into auto park if I didn't have my seat belt on (I wear it on the road, not in parking lots). I told the dealership's shop and the "mechanic" tried to tell me it was supposed to work that way. No, it hasn't done that for a year, that's new. I told them it seemed like the Jeep thought the door was open so they humored me and explored it more (I have a good relationship with them). They found a bad sensor in the door making the Jeep think the door was open even though there was no door ajar indicator lit. The book didn't tell them what to look for so they didn't know.
I guess to be fair, they do deal with a lot of different vehicles, even if they're all the same make. Vehicles have a lot of little hidden features so I can understand how they may not know some of the nuances of each model.
With that in mind, I suspect your shop doesn't know what ORP is, and they simply looked at the software version. If it shows up to date, they assume it's working properly. They then call Uconnect to try to explore your complaint more, and they confirm the current software version. Since the shop doesn't know what they're asking about, both Uconnect and the shop assumes all is well and they say they can't replicate the issue, they can't confirm it, or something similar.

I like the old days where you had to download the Uconnect update to a usb drive and then upload it to your Jeep.
You can still do it that way. That's how I have to do it. I don't usually get OTA updates because my Jeep is garage kept. I just downloaded the latest version to my desktop, but I have to go pick up a 16gb thumb drive to install it on my Jeep. FWIW the instructions say it should be roughly 1/2 hour to run the update.

RockyMtJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I went to the website and canā€™t seem to find where to download the software update. I put in my vin and all it tells me is that it is up-to-date. I realize it might be up-to-date but I still want to download it and try to reinstall to see if that might fix the issue.

That's how I have to do it. I don't usually get OTA updates because my Jeep is garage kept. I just downloaded the latest version to my desktop, but I have to go pick up a 16gb thumb drive to install it on my Jeep. FWIW the instructions say it should be roughly 1/2 hour to run the update.

Deleted member 29342

It's likely more an issue of the shop being uninformed rather than dishonest. I hate to say it but a lot of places have very little in depth knowledge of what they're selling or what they're working on. I've educated salesmen on available features of vehicles I've bought. If the service manual doesn't tell the "mechanic" something, they don't know what to do or how to check it. For example, after nearly a year my Jeep was going into auto park if I didn't have my seat belt on (I wear it on the road, not in parking lots). I told the dealership's shop and the "mechanic" tried to tell me it was supposed to work that way. No, it hasn't done that for a year, that's new. I told them it seemed like the Jeep thought the door was open so they humored me and explored it more (I have a good relationship with them). They found a bad sensor in the door making the Jeep think the door was open even though there was no door ajar indicator lit. The book didn't tell them what to look for so they didn't know.
I guess to be fair, they do deal with a lot of different vehicles, even if they're all the same make. Vehicles have a lot of little hidden features so I can understand how they may not know some of the nuances of each model.
With that in mind, I suspect your shop doesn't know what ORP is, and they simply looked at the software version. If it shows up to date, they assume it's working properly. They then call Uconnect to try to explore your complaint more, and they confirm the current software version. Since the shop doesn't know what they're asking about, both Uconnect and the shop assumes all is well and they say they can't replicate the issue, they can't confirm it, or something similar.

You can still do it that way. That's how I have to do it. I don't usually get OTA updates because my Jeep is garage kept. I just downloaded the latest version to my desktop, but I have to go pick up a 16gb thumb drive to install it on my Jeep. FWIW the instructions say it should be roughly 1/2 hour to run the update.
when I check the Uconnect site it says my vin is up too date.

Sponsored

Salvajav

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler 4 doors Moab Edition, 2ā€ Mopar lift, 35ā€tires, One touch Sky power top, Gladiator front camera.
ORP disappear two weeks ago........still waiting.....annoying.......

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I went to the website and canā€™t seem to find where to download the software update. I put in my vin and all it tells me is that it is up-to-date. I realize it might be up-to-date but I still want to download it and try to reinstall to see if that might fix the issue.
FWIW, the installation instructions say it won't run the update if the currently installed version matches the update version.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Yea, Itā€™s funny how they have no trouble removing the FREE app off road pages and replacing with an app where we have to spend money. All the apps that require us giving information or spending money work perfect. Off-road pages does nothing for the corporate bottom line so they have no incentive to give it back or make it work.

GrandMasterB

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 4dr. 2.0T
Occupation
Truk Driver
I didn't buy the Jeep for/or because of the app, but its nice to have. It works perfectly fine without it. Same goes with the spare tire, nice to have when you need it. It still works perfectly fine without it. Once I bought it, you cant come to my house and take my spare tire unannounced. That is kinda how I feel about this missing app situation, boy I hope Jeep/Uconnect learns a lesson here.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
You can close my case. ORP came back a little while ago. Thanks for all your help.
That makes me very happy to hear. I've closed your case. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

Alison
JeepCares
Sponsored