Lost backup camera guide lines

Delozied

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon, 2019 Grand Cherokee Limited
bump.... watching this issue I also have.
Sponsored

Koolazhel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Well what ya know. Happened to me today on my 2018 JL Rubicon 8.4 infotainment system I bought it mid Oct 2019. 1,600 miles on. I came directly here to find out if I was the only one experiencing this dilemma n as I suspected . . . I am not.

After owning a ‘first year’ 2001 Zo6 I promised myself I would never buy a first year model again. Seems to me it’s a 2018 JL thing. :-/

Daywalker78

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Add me to the list, happened on my 2018 JLUR today. I just hit 2100 miles. :swear:

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Happened to me as well. 2018 JLUR 8900 Miles

tsahorn

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Has anyone had a successful permanent fix? My dealer is 45 minutes away. They replaced the radio last Monday....and said it was fixed (even though I have repeatedly told them it does not occur all of the time). Drove 45 minutes back home. Two days later, no lines on backup camera. Lines returned the next day.
Dealer needs a solution that is known to fix the issue so that customers are not having to continually take in their vehicle.
Our JLU is the only vehicle my wife drives to work (other vehicle is manual), so scheduling a half day to take to dealer is not very convenient.

Sponsored

tsahorn

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone had a successful permanent fix? My dealer is 45 minutes away. They replaced the radio last Monday....and said it was fixed (even though I have repeatedly told them it does not occur all of the time). Drove 45 minutes back home. Two days later, no lines on backup camera. Lines returned the next day.
Dealer needs a solution that is known to fix the issue so that customers are not having to continually take in their vehicle.
Our JLU is the only vehicle my wife drives to work (other vehicle is manual), so scheduling a half day to take to dealer is not very convenient.
I should have added. Taking back to dealer on Monday, but frustrated to be taking back with little confidence it will be fixed.

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was fixed with a radio flash. Dealership said it was a known issue and dis the update. No issues since.

tsahorn

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine was fixed with a radio flash. Dealership said it was a known issue and dis the update. No issues since.
Thanks. When they replaced the radio last Monday they said it has the latest update. Is a 'radio flash' something different than an update? This our first Jeep so we are still learning the terms used.

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. When they replaced the radio last Monday they said it has the latest update. Is a 'radio flash' something different than an update? This our first Jeep so we are still learning the terms used.
I'll see if I can find the service receipt. Hopefully they referenced the exact operation performed. If I can find it, I'll reply back.

If they did a full replacement of the radio, and it really is up to date, then a firmware flash shouldn't be needed.

tsahorn

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll see if I can find the service receipt. Hopefully they referenced the exact operation performed. If I can find it, I'll reply back.

If they did a full replacement of the radio, and it really is up to date, then a firmware flash shouldn't be needed.
Thank you!!

Sponsored

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you!!
Quick follow-up. I found the service receipt and it listed a radio software update as well as rear camera replacement. So it looks like they just replaced the camera in the back. It didn't list any TSB numbers, etc.

Hope this helps. It may be an issue with communication to the camera unit. Might be worth suggesting.

tsahorn

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick follow-up. I found the service receipt and it listed a radio software update as well as rear camera replacement. So it looks like they just replaced the camera in the back. It didn't list any TSB numbers, etc.

Hope this helps. It may be an issue with communication to the camera unit. Might be worth suggesting.
Thank you!!

TJO

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk
I am very surprised this problem has been reported for 2 years without any solutions being posted. Particularly with Jeep being part of the thread. I have an 08 and have had this happening on amd off for about 1 year now. It never seems to stay off more than a day or two but I do find it incredible difficult to back up without the lines. Hoping someone can post a solution sometime soon or at least have Jeep stop up to the plate and figure out after two years of owners reporting this how to fix the problem.

tsahorn

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 4 trips to dealer where purchased at 1.5 hours roundtrip each time, switched to another dealer. Flashed radio and lines disappeared the same same day. Now have camera and harness on order.

Prior tries have included:
Flashed instrument panel - twice
Flashed radio once
Replaced radio

FirstJeep415

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I am also losing my backup guidelines randomly. 2018 JLUR. Is it possible to find the firmware version of my system myself? Is that the issue?
Sponsored