Lost all bass in sound bar.

GlitteryPonies

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
Hey, I just replaced all four 3.5" speakers in my non-alpine 7" sport s. I went with infinity reference ref3022cfx. The fronts installed fine and only had to trim the metal tabs to get them to fit. The soundbar speakers were a different story. The connections are pushed so far out due to the size of the speakers that they wouldn't mount in the "cup" area in the soundbar. I ended up taking a Dremel tool and grinding away at the cup area to make the speaker fit. In doing this, I now have a hole that is open into the soundbar coming from my 3.5" speaker cup where the terminals are.

After testing the system, the increase in clarity in mids and highs is impressive and the front bass hits like normal. But I now have no bass in the soundbar. I wired them up white + and black -. Could I have messed up the 4" speaker enclosure by grinding the cup area away for the 3.5"? If so, what is the best fix?

I thought about putting a speaker baffle behind the 4". Would this create a sealed enclosure environment?
Sponsored

Tpham

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler sport s
Hey, I just replaced all four 3.5" speakers in my non-alpine 7" sport s. I went with infinity reference ref3022cfx. The fronts installed fine and only had to trim the metal tabs to get them to fit. The soundbar speakers were a different story. The connections are pushed so far out due to the size of the speakers that they wouldn't mount in the "cup" area in the soundbar. I ended up taking a Dremel tool and grinding away at the cup area to make the speaker fit. In doing this, I now have a hole that is open into the soundbar coming from my 3.5" speaker cup where the terminals are.

After testing the system, the increase in clarity in mids and highs is impressive and the front bass hits like normal. But I now have no bass in the soundbar. I wired them up white + and black -. Could I have messed up the 4" speaker enclosure by grinding the cup area away for the 3.5"? If so, what is the best fix?

I thought about putting a speaker baffle behind the 4". Would this create a sealed enclosure environment?
I'm no expert but the sound bar is already a ported enclosure. Check your eq on your head unit to see if you have it set all the way forward or not. I have my amp set to play more mids on the kick panel speaker instead of the soundbar.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT

Did you use the base blocker capacitors that come with the speakers? The lower ohm rating of the 3022 will mean most of the power will go to them, but the base blockers would cause more of the low frequencies to go to the factory 4" speakers which they seem to handle. After adding base and subtracting mid range and treble, it's very tolerable and I can crank it up pretty loud without distortion.
Sponsored