Loss of power steering and all warning lights cycle through

cjtexas

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Hi, have been experiencing same issue, now in the shop for the third time. Long story short--it happened first time on the highway--loosing power steering and throttle power is not fun at 60mph. That was around 2000 miles. Dealer service said there was a connector that had loose pins behind the firewall passenger side but i could not get any more details. It happened again around 12,000 miles, now just happened at 16,000. Fortunately this time i was only reversing out of my garage. I took a video of the dash while it was happening. My dealer has it now but of course never seen/heard anything like it. So if anyone has had this issue and found any fixes, would appreciate to hear about it. I will ask the service guys to check the CAN connector behind the A-pillar as mentioned in Albertabackroad's reply.
Sponsored

CRZYCDN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL XR Unlimited
The truck spent a couple weeks at the dealer... they replace the main wire harness across the firewall, ABS module, security gateway (it locked them out after the harness change), power steering pump, then finally the AUX battery (they said they loaded tested early in the process with no failure...but then I urged them to test again and it failed...)

Unfortunately they also broke a couple clips on the dash panel under the steering wheel... and the clip on the glove box that attaches the "soft open" feature.

I will need to call them back as I just discovered this when installing the break controller.

Wish Canada had @JeepCares

J63mcn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
My 2018 jl is back at the dealer for the third time with this issue. The first time the technician told me it was a low voltage condition and I should trickle charge my battery. The next day I lost power steer while driving and having most of the dashboard lights illuminate. This time I took pictures of the dash messages and brought them to the dealer, I was told probably corrosion on a ground wire after having the car over a week. When I returned this time telling them about the harness rub everyone is talking about, I was told I donā€™t have that harness? They replaced the abs module, when I asked if it was the problem they wouldnā€™t say yes. Before I could get the car out of there it acted up locking the shifter, now they think there might be a short, frustrating!!!!

Anieves72

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
Occupation
Contractor
Hi, have been experiencing same issue, now in the shop for the third time. Long story short--it happened first time on the highway--loosing power steering and throttle power is not fun at 60mph. That was around 2000 miles. Dealer service said there was a connector that had loose pins behind the firewall passenger side but i could not get any more details. It happened again around 12,000 miles, now just happened at 16,000. Fortunately this time i was only reversing out of my garage. I took a video of the dash while it was happening. My dealer has it now but of course never seen/heard anything like it. So if anyone has had this issue and found any fixes, would appreciate to hear about it. I will ask the service guys to check the CAN connector behind the A-pillar as mentioned in Albertabackroad's reply.
I'm having this issue now 3rd time going to dealer, did you ever get yours fixed

Sponsored

Anieves72

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
Occupation
Contractor
My 2018 jl is back at the dealer for the third time with this issue. The first time the technician told me it was a low voltage condition and I should trickle charge my battery. The next day I lost power steer while driving and having most of the dashboard lights illuminate. This time I took pictures of the dash messages and brought them to the dealer, I was told probably corrosion on a ground wire after having the car over a week. When I returned this time telling them about the harness rub everyone is talking about, I was told I donā€™t have that harness? They replaced the abs module, when I asked if it was the problem they wouldnā€™t say yes. Before I could get the car out of there it acted up locking the shifter, now they think there might be a short, frustrating!!!!
I'm having this issue now 3rd time going to dealer, did you get yours fixed.

bam9382

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
A "short" = wiring harness / wiring issue... Try a different dealer, sounds like they are incompetent

Melhunt

First Name
Melanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jl sport , Gladiator mohave
@Akmurphy14,
We certainly share your concerns here. Please send our team a private message with your VIN so that we may look into this further for you.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Im having similar issues, im jeep is now sitting overnight at work because i cant drive it ... my garage couldn't find the issue last time because everything was fine the next day .... i pay expensive for my 2 jeeps ... a 2019 sport and a 2022 mojave ... i. Really getting annoyed with this ongoin problem plus every time i send my jeep in i get a old car with a cracked windshild as a replacement

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Im having similar issues, im jeep is now sitting overnight at work because i cant drive it ... my garage couldn't find the issue last time because everything was fine the next day .... i pay expensive for my 2 jeeps ... a 2019 sport and a 2022 mojave ... i. Really getting annoyed with this ongoin problem plus every time i send my jeep in i get a old car with a cracked windshild as a replacement
Hello!

If you'd like some support with your concerns or while working with your dealership, we are happy to help. Feel free to send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

arwood

First Name
Alyssa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2019
I have had very similar issues for the past few months with my 2019 Jeep Wrangler. Does anyone know if there has been a class action lawsuit related to these issues?

Sponsored

Rubicon Cruiser

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Hi,

Hate to have my first post be an issue!

New to the Jeep World, just purchased a 2019 Rubicon 2Dr. Very low Km's (Canada) vehicle and nicely equipped/option Jeep.

Owned it for roughly 45days and this vehicle does not like rainy road conditions! Three times it has flashed errors or warning in the dash and the steering froze or locked up. Today it happend again with multipul warnings for ABS, Stablizer Control etc and steering frozen again and the wipers would not turn off (heavy rain while driving). This time the check engine light stayed on.

Dealer is booked solid for 2 weeks.... wait and see.

John

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi,

Hate to have my first post be an issue!

New to the Jeep World, just purchased a 2019 Rubicon 2Dr. Very low Km's (Canada) vehicle and nicely equipped/option Jeep.

Owned it for roughly 45days and this vehicle does not like rainy road conditions! Three times it has flashed errors or warning in the dash and the steering froze or locked up. Today it happend again with multipul warnings for ABS, Stablizer Control etc and steering frozen again and the wipers would not turn off (heavy rain while driving). This time the check engine light stayed on.

Dealer is booked solid for 2 weeks.... wait and see.

John
We're sorry to hear you're running into some concerns. Try contacting the Jeep team in Canada if you need some extra support at 1-800-465-2001.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Rubicon Cruiser

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
We're sorry to hear you're running into some concerns. Try contacting the Jeep team in Canada if you need some extra support at 1-800-465-2001.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Hi Kate,

thank you for the number and response. I will update after the dealer has looked at it.

John

Rubicon Cruiser

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon

Kate
Jeep Cares
Hi Kate,

Just wanted to let you know along with the rest following that my Jeep has been fixed @ no charge.

Dropped it of last week while i was out of town, they called me Thursday to say it was fixed. Their technician found chafed wires under the radiator ( see picture), said he had never seen that many fault codes before... LOL!

So far no issues, Friday we had a rain storm and it worked perfectly
Jeep Wrangler JL Loss of power steering and all warning lights cycle through 2019 Jeep Rubicon Wiring Harness Slice
!

Hope everyone here sorts out their gremlins.

Cruiser
Sponsored