MichaelT333

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys
Hey all,
This is my first post. I was hoping someone may be able to help me or give me some advice. Here is what happened,
I have a 2022 Willys 2 door JL manual with 3k miles on it. Yesterday I was pulling out into traffic coming so I stepped on it a bit. While in first I felt very minute studders maybe 3 or 4 times real quick. Enough to make me say what was that. I then shift into second and step on it and at about 3500 rpm I lost all power for a split second. It was enough to make me and my passenger jerk forward. It only lasted a split second and I let off the gas and pressed it again and all was fine. Has not done it since then. When it happened the rpmā€™s did not rise nor did the engine rev. It just felt like everything died. Anyone else heard of this? Should I be concerned?
Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,
This is my first post. I was hoping someone may be able to help me or give me some advice. Here is what happened,
I have a 2022 Willys 2 door JL manual with 3k miles on it. Yesterday I was pulling out into traffic coming so I stepped on it a bit. While in first I felt very minute studders maybe 3 or 4 times real quick. Enough to make me say what was that. I then shift into second and step on it and at about 3500 rpm I lost all power for a split second. It was enough to make me and my passenger jerk forward. It only lasted a split second and I let off the gas and pressed it again and all was fine. Has not done it since then. When it happened the rpmā€™s did not rise nor did the engine rev. It just felt like everything died. Anyone else heard of this? Should I be concerned?
Welcome to the forum!

Get it in and have a jeep technician take a look at it. This could be very dangerous in the wrong situation. I wouldn't wait around for it to happen again.

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thatā€™s a new one. Tachometer fall to zero?

OP
OP

MichaelT333

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys
Thatā€™s a new one. Tachometer fall to zero?
Unfortunately I am not sure. It was more of a panic situation and I failed to look at the rpmā€™s. I just know I did not hear the engine rev like the clutch slipped or something.

OP
OP

MichaelT333

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys
Welcome to the forum!

Get it in and have a jeep technician take a look at it. This could be very dangerous in the wrong situation. I wouldn't wait around for it to happen again.
Thatā€™s what I am leaning towards to make a warranty claim to get it looked at however my only concern is I am a freak about anyone but me working on my car but me. I am terrified they will take it apart and not put it back together with the care I would and now I have problems way worse then when I started for an issue that might of just been a fluke. I donā€™t know how to get over this fear.

Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Thatā€™s what I am leaning towards to make a warranty claim to get it looked at however my only concern is I am a freak about anyone but me working on my car but me. I am terrified they will take it apart and not put it back together with the care I would and now I have problems way worse then when I started for an issue that might of just been a fluke. I donā€™t know how to get over this fear.
Many of us have the exact same concerns about others working on our vehicles. Mostly justified too.

Make sure that you check your dealership's service department reviews. If you have more than one dealership in your area, go to the one most recommended. Then ask questions and double check their work.

I drive out of my way to get to a better quality dealership for warranty and TSB work.

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
If the problem can't be reproduced ...which is most likely ur case then ur will basically going to lose time and nothing will get fixed at the dealer even if the tech gets to feel at some point what u felt... most likely they'll tell u that nothing is wrong. Just my experience ..unless its constant your'e basically giving ur vehicle for as long as they want and will be stuck without ur vehicle for however long they decide to keep it.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
If the problem can't be reproduced ...which is most likely ur case then ur will basically going to lose time and nothing will get fixed at the dealer even if the tech gets to feel at some point what u felt... most likely they'll tell u that nothing is wrong. Just my experience ..unless its constant your'e basically giving ur vehicle for as long as they want and will be stuck without ur vehicle for however long they decide to keep it.
Again... This depends on the quality of the dealership. I have not dealt with your scenario above in my situations with the dealership I chose to work with. (however, I know others have.)

I went through the entire "aluminum steering gear" that caused dangerously loose steering debacle with my dealership without them ever holding my vehicle for no reason.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Nobody told him to check to make sure all the fuses were seated correctly...

Sponsored

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
Again... This depends on the quality of the dealership. I have not dealt with your scenario above in my situations with the dealership I chose to work with. (however, I know others have.)

I went through the entire "aluminum steering gear" that caused dangerously loose steering debacle with my dealership without them ever holding my vehicle for no reason.
On the average these dealerships u speak of are pretty much non existent . Most of the time this is what actually happens

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
On the average these dealerships u speak of are pretty much non existent . Most of the time this is what actually happens
If what you say is true, please post your reliable data source documenting this on a national or global level.

However, I'm not questioning your personal opinion from your own individual experiences.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Bad shift? (operator related)? šŸ™ƒ
Sponsored