Sponsored

Los Angeles area - is this a good deal? Also, is it not possible to order Rubicons?

LA2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I've visited a couple of dealerships in my area, and neither of them are offering me any incentives. The final price they're willing to settle on is between invoice and MSRP.

I'm interested in a JLU Rubicon with the hardtop and a few options which brings the MSRP to around the 47k mark. The invoice is something just below 45k, and the sales person said he could work with me around the 46k mark.

Is this a fair price? I don't really want to go more than 300 miles from where I live to find my Jeep.

Also, I was told that it is not possible to order Rubicons as of right now. Is this true?
Sponsored

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon jl
I've visited a couple of dealerships in my area, and neither of them are offering me any incentives. The final price they're willing to settle on is between invoice and MSRP.

I'm interested in a JLU Rubicon with the hardtop and a few options which brings the MSRP to around the 47k mark. The invoice is something just below 45k, and the sales person said he could work with me around the 46k mark.

Is this a fair price? I don't really want to go more than 300 miles from where I live to find my Jeep.

Also, I was told that it is not possible to order Rubicons as of right now. Is this true?
Simi Vally see Sunshine do your home work first very fair

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
So that is not a fair price?
No. the absolute most out should pay is 1% under invoice with an affiliate code. Search Tread Lightly on the site if your employer is not an affiliate.

But most of us are getting 4%-6% below invoice. Especially if you are willing to travel a little bit you can get a much better price. For example, get a quote from the Vegas dealer offering low no-haggle prices on this site. Take that to your local dealer to negotiate with. Offer to join Tread Lightly for the affiliate deal to help offset the cost. If they won't deal go to Vegas.

And before people start squawking those percentages are before fees, tax, tag, and license.

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
So that is not a fair price?
Fair price is relative. Many on this forum were able to order at 5% below invoice from volume dealers. If you are buying off the lot from a dealer with little inventory and high demand, you probably can do no better than invoice but that all depends on your negotiation skills.

OP
OP

LA2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I don't mind but going out of state when I live in CA seems like a lot of headache. CA has crazy laws and I just don't want to spend more traveling to pick up the car and drive back because it would then probably cost the same. For example, I know there's a nice dealership in Idaho that's offering insane rebates. Even if I were to qualify, I'd have to fly out there ($300), maybe hotel for 1 night ($100), drive back down to CA (depreciation + fuel costs), and then dealing with the DMV fees, emissions, and all that in California.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I don't mind but going out of state when I live in CA seems like a lot of headache. CA has crazy laws and I just don't want to spend more traveling to pick up the car and drive back because it would then probably cost the same. For example, I know there's a nice dealership in Idaho that's offering insane rebates. Even if I were to qualify, I'd have to fly out there ($300), maybe hotel for 1 night ($100), drive back down to CA (depreciation + fuel costs), and then dealing with the DMV fees, emissions, and all that in California.
Yep, do your homework and run the numbers. Sounds like you’re off to a good start. I think dealers will be more willing to deal once JKs are off the lot and JL supply catches up.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
nope and nope you can do way better like thousands if you want to travel.

Sponsored

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t know around invoice is fair
Don’t let them put anything on it protection packages it’s another way for them to make money just what you ordered . If your willing to Waite for factory you can save .

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
NO No No You can do better if you try/

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
You have the right idea but your math doesn't add up to me...

Lets work off $50,000 jeep so everything is nice and simple. 1% of 50k jeep is $500 so if your Califlower dealer is offering you Invoice and your out of state dealer is offering 5% under, that's a $2,500 difference, plus less tax% of $2,500.

Even with travel costs you are still winning.

And depreciation? Were talking about a vehicle here its a deprecating asset, in 3 years it wont matter if you have 36k miles on it or 37k because you got it out of state.

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have the right idea but your math doesn't add up to me...

Lets work off $50,000 jeep so everything is nice and simple. 1% of 50k jeep is $500 so if your Califlower dealer is offering you Invoice and your out of state dealer is offering 5% under, that's a $2,500 difference, plus less tax% of $2,500.

Even with travel costs you are still winning.

And depreciation? Were talking about a vehicle here its a deprecating asset, in 3 years it wont matter if you have 36k miles on it or 37k because you got it out of state.
Ask Desled to pay for flight

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All allocations cost dealer more then if you factory order about 5 k
Sponsored