Loose steering feels like it has play and drifts

rutiger

First Name
ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 rubicon, others
So because you have larger tires, which is encouraged for these vehicles, including by FCA/Mopar, you don't qualify to have the upgrade that fixes a known steering issue....
37B3AAEE-EF9C-43C2-9987-04493193D945.jpeg
Sponsored

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
First sentence in black and white is telling you there is nothing wrong with the Jeep.

Secondly, if you dont know that adding larger tires will make it steer differently, especially if psi isn't adjusted correctly and/or the quality of the tire is subpar...then you really should sell your freakin Jeep.

It truly is basic common knowledge 101 for anyone who knows anything about Wranglers.

...seriously, this thread is hilarious.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
What a load of shit.
If any of you want to have a real conversation on how you can greatly improve your steering, then let's have at it.

There are a couple of upgrades you can do that can change everything.

Until then..knock it off with the nonsense. It's absolutely ridiculous.

rutiger

First Name
ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 rubicon, others
First sentence in black and white is telling you there is nothing wrong with the Jeep.

Secondly, if you dont know that adding larger tires will make it steer differently, especially if psi isn't adjusted correctly and/or the quality of the tire is subpar...then you really should sell your freakin Jeep.

It truly is basic common knowledge 101 for anyone who knows anything about Wranglers.

...seriously, this thread is hilarious.
so there’s a new part number and issued tsb because this is all nonsense and not real?

Sponsored

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
If any of you want to have a real conversation on how you can greatly improve your steering, then let's have at it.

:CWL:

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
so there’s a new part number and issued tsb because this is all nonsense and not real?
I never said they wouldn't try to further improve the steering. If a better track bar improves it why not?

Tons of new and improved parts for the JL have been released. It'll never end.

By no means does that mean the current system is broken.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
Have you upgraded to an adjustable stabilizer? Adjustable front/rear track bars? Caster angle? Adjustable control arms? What psi you running? What size tire? Lifted? How much lift? 2 door? 4 door? Roof rack(top heavy)? Winch weight up front? Etc etc etc etc.

Above listed would be upgrades not fixes. Every aspect of your Jeep matters in trying to improve her on road manners. Joke is truly on you.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon

Isn't this whole thread about improving steering on Wranglers with issues? Plenty of us have posted results; fixes, improvements, or failures.

Sponsored

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
Isn't this whole thread about improving steering on Wranglers with issues? Plenty of us have posted results; fixes, improvements, or failures.
The issue would be upgrading the current system for improvement.

You cant "fix" something that isnt broken.

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
Have you upgraded to an adjustable stabilizer? Adjustable front/rear track bars? Caster angle? Adjustable control arms? What psi you running? What size tire? Lifted? How much lift? 2 door? 4 door? Roof rack(top heavy)? Winch weight up front? Etc etc etc etc.

Above listed would be upgrades not fixes. Every aspect of your Jeep matters in trying to improve her on road manners. Joke is truly on you.

Responding you is truly a waste and apologize to the others reading this because it is not productive to read. The best I could muster before was an emoji. I’ll refrain from being drawn in by idiocracy.

I love my Jeep, but I’m not stupid enough to look the other way when things are not right.

Foster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I never said they wouldn't try to further improve the steering. If a better track bar improves it why not?

Tons of new and improved parts for the JL have been released. It'll never end.

By no means does that mean the current system is broken.
I think some people just haven't driven off road vehicles before and aren't used to them, but I believe some JL's do have issues. Many people on this thread have had Jeeps (TJ,JK, ect.) previously too, I believe them when they say their JL has an issues.
This video is a good example of a Jeep with issues. Start at 1:25. One Jeep tracks straight with no corrections, the other requires correction every millisecond to stay straight on the same road.

Don't wanna argue, but that video is what made me believe some JL's really do have steering issues. It's been a long day for me and I didn't even want to say anything, but you posting pollutes the thread for others, and newcomers won't want to read through all the pages, so they'll start a new thread, and the chain continues. Don't ruin the forum dude..

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
Responding you is truly a waste and apologize to the others reading this because it is not productive to read. The best I could muster before was an emoji. I’ll refrain from being drawn in by idiocracy.

I love my Jeep, but I’m not stupid enough to look the other way when things are not right.
I think some people just haven't driven off road vehicles before and aren't used to them, but I believe some JL's do have issues. Many people on this thread have had Jeeps (TJ,JK, ect.) previously too, I believe them when they say their JL has an issues.
This video is a good example of a Jeep with issues. Start at 1:25. One Jeep tracks straight with no corrections, the other requires correction every millisecond to stay straight on the same road.

Don't wanna argue, but that video is what made me believe some JL's really do have steering issues. It's been a long day for me and I didn't even want to say anything, but you posting pollutes the thread for others, and newcomers won't want to read through all the pages, so they'll start a new one, and the chain continues. Don't ruin the forum dude..
Your comparing two entirely different vehicles????!! Different models, weight, wheelbase....

A pick-up vs a wrangler???

......you folks are lost!!
Sponsored