First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
When switching to the PSC kit, (not ram assist) definitely have your alignment checked, I can`t remember if it is a little toe in or out that helps make the steering a little more firm, and it is within spec of what Jeep recommends
Sponsored

Deadserial

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU sting gray sport s
When switching to the PSC kit, (not ram assist) definitely have your alignment checked, I can`t remember if it is a little toe in or out that helps make the steering a little more firm, and it is within spec of what Jeep recommends
it’s toe in, set it at .5” and who cares about the slight excess in tire wear. Enjoy the straighter tracking!

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Got an alignment after lifting and forgot to tell them to set toe at .35 in. They set it back to less than .2 :(

Deadserial

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU sting gray sport s
Got an alignment after lifting and forgot to tell them to set toe at .35 in. They set it back to less than .2 :(
You can do it yourself very easily. 15mm wrench and a few turns on the tie rod adjuster.

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
You can do it yourself very easily. 15mm wrench and a few turns on the tie rod adjuster.
Yep, looks like some learning is on the list for the weekend.

Sponsored

thadius65

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, , 2019 Honda Pilot Elite, 2014 BMW 535i Xdrive
Wanted to provide an update on modification #2. As stated the PSC was a bit light from what I was accustom to, mostly due to running lighter stock 33's and the pump from PSC being built for heavier. I installed a Teraflex Falcon 2.2 adjustable stabilizer and went right to FIRM on the dial. Drove 40 miles home and made a very positive change. I must say that she is pretty well dialed in now..
I guess this will be an ongoing adjustment to get things just right. After having this set at Firm on the Falcon stabilizer for the remainder of this past week, I noticed some things I didn't like. I pretty much lost the steering wheels ability to return to center, which I didn't notice on my first highway run, but did become aware while in town. I played around with the settings from Firm, to Medium to Soft and ended up picking Soft. The return to center is almost back and it feels better. I am going to address my caster settings (factory recommended settings now) by installing Mopar adjustable LCAs the end of this week. Also going to be installing a Teraflex adjustable track bar. Then I think I will be completed (famous last words).

Keep sharing the ideas regardless of success or fails.

Infected

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
if you moved the steering back and forth quickly that noise is normal.
I wasn't moving it quick. when it gets to the edge of the play it made a fairly loud clunk and then same in the other direction.

James Cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I wasn't moving it quick. when it gets to the edge of the play it made a fairly loud clunk and then same in the other direction.
Then you need to get under your front suspension while someone turns the steering... prob your trackbar bushings.

Last edited:

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Anybody try this yet?
I've wondered about this too! There are so many things that cost a fair amount of money that people say could fix this problem, but I'm kind of tired of paying money for this for things that don't work!

Sponsored

hubble

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2018 F150 4X4
The track bar helped the most for me, but the steering still feels twitchy and kind of disconnected and there's still a little too much play as far as I'm concerned. I feel like I'm real close just don't know what to try, sector shaft brace, tie rod, drag link?

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
I've wondered about this too! There are so many things that cost a fair amount of money that people say could fix this problem, but I'm kind of tired of paying money for this for things that don't work!
Dont Randomly buy stuff!

Have someone turn the steering wheel back and forth and watch for play. If its not moving there you dont need it other than to make it stronger.

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude; VWGTI
For those of you who have the unsolvable drifting problem - to me it sounds like it could be a frame geometry issue. I read on here (can't for the life of me find it) that one particularly good dealer finally resolved it by loosening the body to frame bolts, rolling slowly, re-tightening, and all drift to the right was cured. Not something I'd want to attempt myself, but putting this out there as another potential solution.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I'm with ya brother. I'd pay $50 for the brace. But I'll live with my issues rather than dropping $200 for a "might work" fix.

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
The only way you’re going to fix yours is to buy and try. Because are you trying to fix the drifting, the dead spot, the pulling, or all three? And how severe are each of those? And what have you already had checked and replaced? Those questions are all rhetorical.
Sponsored