Loose steering feels like it has play and drifts

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I did PM them here,they said to use their instructions as their shock has a larger diameter and needs to be mounted that way for clearance.
That makes no sense to me... The stock stabilizer appears to be way larger in diameter then any part of the RC steering stabilizer. Wonder if "they" that esponded to you, has a clue or just taking the directions for granted.

@Rough Country Suspensions
Sponsored

Last edited:

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
That makes no sense to me... The stock stabilizer appears to be way larger in diameter then any part of the RC steering stabilizer. Wonder if "they" that esponded to you, has a clue or just taking the directions for granted.
I just looked under mine as well, you're right, stock looks bigger and hangs lower than the pic of the RC one.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I would agree that based upon pictures, the RC shock looks no begger than stock. I looked back at the PM so that I would be sure that I didn't misrepresent what the RC message said. Here is the exact quote when I asked about their instructions showing their shock 180 from the stock setup.

"Yes that is correct. Due to the larger body of the shock it needs more clearance than the OE setup."

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Video of how to install

@Rough Country Suspensions

This video shows install opposite of your instructions. Please explain why your instructions are not in error.
Also, your competitors steering stabilizers are all installed opposite of your directions.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Ok, I just got an email back from the Sales Supervisor of RC. He will be coming here to post later..

Here is the content of the email I just received:

"Instructions are not wrong, we wanted it run with the body to the axle side. Can it be flipped around? Sure. It technically performs the same way, we just wanted more clearance for the body. I will post on the forums later, I have ball practice for my daughter tonight."

Ryan Chase

Sales Supervisor

Last edited:

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
In regard to my post above where I quoted the RC, Sales Supervisor. He replied to me after his normal work hours and within minutes of my sending him an email pointing him to this thread and asking what the heck... Anyway, rapid reply to me.... Very good CS !

I accept his answer.

Personally, if I were going to install the RC Steering Stabilizer or similar stabilizer's, I would install just as shown in the CJ Off Road video and opposite the RC instructions.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
RC also offers a dual stabilizer for the JL. Made for lift and larger tires. Wonder how well that would work.

cjsam2004

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
In regard to my post above where I quoted the RC, Sales Supervisor. He replied to me after his normal work hours and within minutes of my sending him an email pointing him to this thread and asking what the heck... Anyway, rapid reply to me.... Very good CS !

I accept his answer.

Personally, if I were going to install the RC Steering Stabilizer or similar stabilizer's, I would install just as shown in the CJ Off Road video and opposite the RC instructions.
Thanks for confirming. I think I’ll flip it to CJ style.

Rough Country Suspensions

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.roughcountry.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 1998 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Sales Supervisor
Thanks for confirming. I think I’ll flip it to CJ style.
It can be run either way. We just noted more clearance with the body run to the axle side. Have a great day guys!

Sponsored