Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 JK Sahara builds , JL Rubicon, 95 XJ build
yr wife probably complaining too much . Its a jeep bro the steering and alignment on a front solid axle is only going to track so good on this long of wheelbase. Posts like this are just so annoying.
Sponsored

JL_MX

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
hahaha ok , Let me know how that steering stabilizer works out for you .... (it won't)
Dear Merlin28,

I just came from the work shop with my new steering stabilizer and let me tell you it does help a lot with steering play.

The steering feels stiffer in a good way with a lot less drifting.

elwood

First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler JLU
Dear Merlin28,

I just came from the work shop with my new steering stabilizer and let me tell you it does help a lot with steering play.

Thanks for the info--- I'm going to get one on the way.

Sponsored

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 JK Sahara builds , JL Rubicon, 95 XJ build
Dear Merlin28,

Genuinely glad to hear you’re feeling better about your steering... you get an adjustable through shaft? Or standard?9

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
I have a TJ on bias ply 37 Iroks and it tracks better than my new Rubi JL. It has hydro assist and still steers better. I noticed my F250 SD 4x4 stock had bad wheel hop over rough roads. I changed the steering stabilizer to a Rancho 7000 and the hop went away. Is an aftermarket SS the fix?

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
I have the same dead spot, but it’s a Jeep and I’ve owned one before so I expected it.

However, after driving the jeep for a week straight I hopped in my A4 and took it out the highway. I just about jerked it into the other lane as the steering is super sensitive. It’s going to be weird bouncing back and forth between the two.

As for dealing with the Jeeps drifting. I just let her drift and make everyone else move. If someone wants to drive right next to me on an open highway doing 65 and also stay in my blind spot then you’re going to get some love.

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
I have really bad steering drift also. Narrow lanes onHouston highways get dicey lol
Bigger tires and a lift kit. They’ll get out of your way. Worked in Colorado as they use dirt instead of salt for the winter roads. Nobody in their right mind gets behind or next to a truck or Jeep in Colorado or else your windshield is going to get cracked.

Sponsored

JL_MX

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I have a TJ on bias ply 37 Iroks and it tracks better than my new Rubi JL. It has hydro assist and still steers better. I noticed my F250 SD 4x4 stock had bad wheel hop over rough roads. I changed the steering stabilizer to a Rancho 7000 and the hop went away. Is an aftermarket SS the fix?
It’s from Rough Country

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
Would this be ok to install on Jeeps with stock wheels and suspension or is this only for lifted Jeeps with bigger tires and wheels?

McCloude

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD / 2019 WK2 TH
I've put on 500 miles last week. I'm sure my tires are over pressurized, so will check tonight. I have a M/T Rubi. This is my first Jeep. I feel like I'm just over correcting when going hwy speeds. No problems when below 60 mph. This is just something I'll need to get use to I figure. (Unless the road surfaces just suck in MD)