First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
when you guys post the dictionary, don't forget to include a footnote explaining that loose has two o's and wondering is what confused people do, not Jeep's with poor steering.

Sure would hate to think that people may lose their steering..that would really be a hot thread here.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have mine at less than 5 ft. lbs. but finding the right torque was a trial and error thing

I don't even think my crappy torque wrench goes down that low !

Brandon3333

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Hello all - it's been a while....So, looking for advice/reviews. My 2020 JLU Rubicon still has the right pull and floating issue...ugg...and this is the replacement one I got 3 months ago for the same problem...just took more time for it to show....anyway...here are my questions:
I am looking at getting a lift (2"-2.5") and either stick with the 33" or perhaps go to a 35".
I am looking at
*JKS Manufacturing JSPEC 2.5" Standard Duty Lift Kit
* Rock Krawler X-Factor Series Max Travel 2.5" Lift Kit.
QUESTIONS:
1.) Please provide your opinions/advice - are these quality lifts...what is ride like, will it maintain the comfort/street performance close to stock, will 33" look normal or too small or do you recommend 35" and do I need to make any additional mods for larger tires?
2.) Will it fix/significantly improve my right pull and floating feeling most commonly known and complained about on in this forum? Most people say it is caused by the stock trackbar, bushings, or some combination of this because the stock ones don't allow you to adjust
3.) If you have installed any of these two - what do you think? Did it fix your steering problem?
4.) Any other recommendations on brands as well as fixes for the pulling that I am missing? For example - tie rod, drag link etc

Please send/attach pics.

Thank you,

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
have not done that yet on this one. I
tried it on the sahara and it didn’t make a difference.
May try it on this one and see. thought about replacing it with a heavy duty one.

Following up to this past post:

Just for the hell of it I tried removing the steering stabilizer. This was mostly to see how difficult it would be to change, and actually it was pretty simple to do. Just 2 bolts..even I can do that.

While it was off I remembered this post and decided to take a run up and fill the tank. Granted its only a 10 mile drive but it was a nice day, sun rider was open and the Jeep was clean. So off I went.

To my shock it actually seemed to drive a lot better without the stabilizer bar. Now...this might simply be high hopes or a placebo effect so I am NOT gonna give it a thumbs up...but not a middle finger up either at this time. I made sure to hit some RR tracks at 35 MPH and had no shakes.
I am going to leave it off a few days and see if i feel different after Monday when I am back at work with another 60 miles under my belt and some freeway driving.
If it really feels better I will order the Falcon one I want that is somewhat adjustable.

Anyone know any reason it would be detrimental to temporarily leave it off ?

Sponsored

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
tomorrow i’m going to order the Teraflex Falcon 2.2 adjustable stabilizer and the Yeti trackbar.
Look relatively easy to install solo.

even if they don’t make a major difference I will feel better knowing I have better quality parts for the long haul.
My issue is not terrible like some others but if I can tighten it up a bit I’ll be better off.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Agreed and the Synergy track bar bracket has had some pretty good reviews. It locks in the track bar to the frame and also secures the steering box in place by attaching it to the brace as well.

I think I'm adding it to my order since I can get everything under $1K and since the track bar will be off anyway, it would be a good time to do this as well.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Got it all ordered but the brace is out of stock.
I'll have to wait a few weeks for that and then redrop the track bar.
Gonna try to find some local help since I dont want to buy the needed tools to install it.
I will invest in $ 100.00 worth of tools if needed...just hate to buy them for 1 use.

Plus I just wanted to be post # 6000 :rock:

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
6000 posts. 3 model years. and I guess we're all still crazy.
I guess the thing that I just cannot figure out is why some JL owners report issues and others like me don’t have those issues. I feel lucky in that regard.

I am convinced that some owners of stock Jeep JLs do have issues. No question in my mind. i am also fairly certain that some folks new to Jeeps buy one and then come here when the steering isn’t “right” (maybe because of the solid axle) and, after reading threads like this maybe conclude that they have an issue.

i personally know a business colleague of mine who says that his JL is “all over the road.“. I have another business acquaintance who has a Jeep and she has zero issues. In fact, she says it “drives 1000% better than my JK......”.

I’m glad that I don’t work at FCA because I would have no idea how to find a fix here (good thing because I’m not an engineer!!!!!)
Sponsored