xylodan

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
You're lucky! I've been here since the beginning.

Suggestions--
* tire pressure (because new Jeeps are often overinflated from the beginning.)
* check your model/date of manufacture. I bet the TSB doesn't apply to your Jeep.

* If you're inclined--look under your jeep. Often fittings aren't torqued right.

* check your power steering reservoir--is there enough fluid there?

Took me a long while to figure out what was wrong with Dealer's service. It was their test drive. I couldn't go with them. Rules.
They went slow on smooth roads.

My problem was at highway speed.

good luck
Thanks for the insight.
My situation is pretty minor compared to what I've read from others and I think it's in the realm of benefitting from the slightly longer LCA to adjust caster to be a little more highway friendly.
Advertisement

dpike

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR
Thanks for the insight.
My situation is pretty minor compared to what I've read from others and I think it's in the realm of benefitting from the slightly longer LCA to adjust caster to be a little more highway friendly.
i thought the same thing too until i had my front end aligned and my caster was 6.5°. see if you can convince the dealer to align it and see what your actual caster is.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Holy !!! 454 pages!..

Question... does your Wrangler have to be under warranty to claim replacement of the steering box ?? ... my JLU is from 2018 so I don't think is still under warranty.. Thanks!

Hucke_250

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
Holy !!! 454 pages!..

Question... does your Wrangler have to be under warranty to claim replacement of the steering box ?? ... my JLU is from 2018 so I don't think is still under warranty.. Thanks!
How many miles? My 2018 has 25k miles and the TSB will be covered under warranty. I did contact JeepCares prior to making the appointment and verified with them that my Jeep is covered by the TSB. Once I made the appointment I told JeepCares which dealership and they did the rest. Worth a shot.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
How many miles? My 2018 has 25k miles and the TSB will be covered under warranty. I did contact JeepCares prior to making the appointment and verified with them that my Jeep is covered by the TSB. Once I made the appointment I told JeepCares which dealership and they did the rest. Worth a shot.
cool.. mine has about 34K miles..

JeepCares

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
cool.. mine has about 34K miles..
Hey, CaJLMetalHead. Do you need any assistance? I can't find your original post, but if you need some help having your steering addressed at the dealer, send us a private message!

Kate
Jeep Cares

drvn

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2020 JLUR which I had the steering box replaced per the TSB. I’m not sure if it’s my imagination or not but after almost a year, it seems to be feeling loose again. I’m considering having the Synergy Manufacturing track bar and sector shaft brace installed. Has anyone had this done and was there a noticeable improvement??
I did. No change.

hardrock_sea

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
I did. No change.
I installed SteerSmarts sector shaft brace and the loose steering was improved a lot. Looking at how the brace works, it does help to ensure steering box does not move when making turns. Mine is a 2021 JLUR with the new steering box. With 37 BFG KO2, steering turned very loose recently with the hot weather, it could be due to tire pressure increasing. But, overall, I think the brace does work. This is the first mod Northridge did on their 2021 giveaway JLU. I assume they have good reasons to install it.

Here is Northridge's installation video:

Markham

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara High Altitude
I purchased the Mopar LCAs from my dealer, the same P/N that comes with the Mopar lift kit.
Awesome! I did too but caster is at 5 after the swap, I thought someone on here said the Mopar LCA won’t push caster much towards 6. Good to hear it is doable.

Puckn19

First Name
Quentin Corbett
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Well it looks like I will need to see about getting my gearbox replaced with the steel version. Notice a noise when turning, checked and the gearbox is flexing pretty bad. You can't really see if from underneath but from above you see a good bit of movement. I check it some time back and it was fine but now not so much. Seems like all of the flex is happening towards to the top of the gearbox.

Advertisement

Allmoparparts.com

Advertisement