Back In Black Rubi

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
It's normal.
It does have a little hunt and peck at low speeds - I think it's a characteristic of a solid front axle, and it is a Wrangler thing. I do notice that this goes away at high speeds.

Let us know if you feel that this characteristic changes/goes away at highway speeds.

elwood

First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler JLU
I bought my wife a new Rubicon JL and I drove it the other day and it seems to have some play in the steering and feels like I am constantly trying to correct the direction we are traveling. I thought it was out of alignment but I went and drove another one and it felt the same way. Is anyone else feel this issue and is it just the way it is or is it just a jeep thing? We just sold our 2013 JKU and it was like that too but I expected improved steering on the new JL model. I would like to hear other peoples thoughts about this steering play or drifting feeling. O by the way, She loves her new ride!

IMG_9731.jpg
I have the same problem with my JLU sport. Constantly having to correct steering. It's not just me--my son drove it and came to the same conclusion. Lowered tire pressure to 34 psi and no change. I carried my JL back to my dealer and they said "that's the way they drive ". Next I'm going to carry it to a local alignment shop and have it checked on my dime. I have about 1800 miles on it.
I MISS MY JK !

Eric552

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I bought my wife a new Rubicon JL and I drove it the other day and it seems to have some play in the steering and feels like I am constantly trying to correct the direction we are traveling. I thought it was out of alignment but I went and drove another one and it felt the same way. Is anyone else feel this issue and is it just the way it is or is it just a jeep thing? We just sold our 2013 JKU and it was like that too but I expected improved steering on the new JL model. I would like to hear other peoples thoughts about this steering play or drifting feeling. O by the way, She loves her new ride!
I am relieved to see that I am not the only one to have noticed this. After a 100 mile trip today I was literally going to post this exact question. I just checked and my tires had 42psi from the dealer, so decreased to 37 and will recheck tomorrow AM.

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
My tires are at 37 and I feel the sway/floaty feel. I've noticed that since the day I picked it up. I thought to myself, surely this isn't right? Can Anyone confirmed that an alignment helped at all?

Jeep421

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Picked my Rubicom up on Saturday
This morning I checked my cold tire pressure they were all at 37psi
The dash display said 45psi
Why would it be off so far
Assume I need to recalibrate

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
What gauge did you use?

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
When you checked the dash display had you driven it at least a mile? The dash will display the PSI you were at when you last shut the Jeep down. So when you check your PSI cold, get in the Jeep and drive it for about a mile and then check the dash. If this is still off try with a different gauge and see if that is the same as the one you measured at 37 PSI when cold.

Jeep421

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Thanks
Ill drive it in the morning and check it again
Also will try 2 different gauges

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Thanks
Ill drive it in the morning and check it again
Also will try 2 different gauges
I'll say that in my JK in the summer after driving highway on a warm day my PSI would increase by 4. I have found the sensors in the Jeep to be pretty accurate. I have used digital PSI gauges and have found them to be off. I don't trust them. I find the basic PSI slide gauge to work well. From what you posted and seeing you are from GA I bet your PSI is really around 40 to 41 cold.
Sponsored