1. Blonson

Blonson Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Sting Gray JL WRANGLER
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Were you able to perform a test drive with a shop foreman or tech? Did you get to recreate the problem? If you did what did they say? I did go on a test drive with the shop foreman the second time I brought it to the dealership. However, the roads we went on were newly paved and with the amount of traffic on the road I didn't get to give him a good example of what I deal with on my day to day commute. Didn't help that they "accidentally" booked two test drives at the same hour, so I felt rushed as well. When we got back to the dealership the shop foreman rushed inside, talked to the manager and said there was no issue. Mean while every time I hit a bump in the road I get sent off left or right, which ever way the jeep decides to pick. Can't hold a straight line either. Veers off hard to the left when I'm in the left lane and hard to the right when I'm in the right lane. Absolutely ridiculous I spent money on the POS. I've been going to Pinebelt FCA in NJ.

2. GhosttheJL

GhosttheJL Member

First Name:
    Daniel
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep jl Wrangler 2dr
    Liked:
    So my dealership has seen scratches on the tie rod (from rocks) says it's bent (no visible bend) and says that the steering system is no longer under warranty, but I can pay to have replacement parts put on. Aren't these made to go offroad? Doesn't Jeep encourage this? I feel as if everything that you can possibly do, that Jeep encourages, modifications, trails, offroad, pretty much anything you do get used against you as a tool for them to not stand behind their warranty. I love my Jeep and will be replacing the steering components anyway, but at this point it just doesn't seem like they want anything to do with the steering box. I am not sure what to ultimately do about that as I don't want to spend 3k on an aftermark steering box. The struggle....

3. jacllondon

jacllondon Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 jl 2 doors
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    2019 2 doors here. v41 completed. new trackbar too according the bulletin but Same problem. I am just giving up. PLEASE DO NOT SPEND MONEY on aftermarket STEERING STABILIZERS. I put a falcon 2 adjustable and DID NOT HELP. I am just thinking to sell the thing and be done. I have a JK and its a pleasure to drive compared to the JL. I have only 2500 miles on it. To be honest i dont know if it is fixable. I wante to love it, but I am changing my mind. Such a shame

4. kre62

kre62 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLUR Granite
    Liked:
    It's plenty fixable, with a correct steering gear. Unfortunately Jeep engineers are either unwilling, or not competent enough, to deliver a correct gear box. Its' willful negligence over there in Toledo. A bunch of hacks for engineers.

Anyone buying a Jeep needs to budget 3k for a new steering gear.

Dealerships should start installing them and including in the price.

df007 likes this.
  5. GhosttheJL

GhosttheJL Member

First Name:
    Daniel
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Jeep jl Wrangler 2dr
    Liked:
    I'm not just buying a stabilizer, I know that doesn't help much. I have Synergy tie rod, drag link and Metalcloak trackbar and stabilizer. Then I will take it to a different dealership that is about 100 miles away but does lots of modified jeeps and has been replacing steering boxes with the new 3rd generation box for a week or two. Just had to call in a favor with a friend to call the Service Manager there and it's going to happen. But it's a shame that Jeep doesn't just stand behind their products and their warranty.

6. jacllondon

jacllondon Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 jl 2 doors
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    some had the steering box replaced on the 4 doors and did not help. Am i missing something? I thought there is no new box for the 2doors

7. jacllondon

jacllondon Active Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 jl 2 doors
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:

OMG I am so sorry!!!! This go beyond anything I have ever heard

8. roaniecowpony

roaniecowpony Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
    Liked:
    Retired Engineer
    Yesterday you posted you just bought a new jeep. Today you post "never again ". Please clarify.

Spartan77
    #159Yesterday at 8:32 PM
    Pulled the trigger on the 2019 JLUR turbo today. Had a 2019 Rubicon V6 I traded in because of constant mechanical issues that FCA and the dealer (and Arrigo WPB) refused to correct. Much happier with the turbo. Time will tell.

9. Rdmitch

Rdmitch Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ross
    Vehicle(s):
    2020 JLUR, 2018 wrangler Sahara (Special Walmart shopping cart edition), ford transit 250, Chevy equinox
    Liked:
    Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
    This is one of the worst tales I ever read here. Totally unacceptable and a dealer like this should lose their franchise rights.

I wish you the best in whatever you end up with.

10. Chipe

Chipe Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Chip
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU Sahara; 2018 Nissan Altima SR
    Liked:
    Episcopal Priest
    Garage Profiles:
    Ummmm,
    Yesterday (10/16/2019) at 8:32 PM. (actually last night) you, Spartan77 said: "Pulled the trigger on the 2019 JLUR turbo today. Had a 2019 Rubicon V6 I traded in because of constant mechanical issues that FCA and the dealer (and Arrigo WPB) refused to correct. Much happier with the turbo. Time will tell.?"

Then today, not even 24 hours later you say this stuff? Can you clarify for those of us who are rightly and mightily confused?

11. Chipe

Chipe Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Chip
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Episcopal Priest
    Garage Profiles:
    Dude, you do one thing and say another, and I point that out to you and YOU get an attitude? LOL. Think about that for a minute. And you could have rolled that loss into any other vehicle at any dealership of any make.

I hope the new Jeep works out better than the old one.

12. Chipe

Chipe Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Chip
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Episcopal Priest
    Garage Profiles:
    I really mean it when I say that I hope your new one is one of the really good ones. Best of luck.

Spartan77 likes this.
  13. Spartan77

Spartan77 Member

Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLUR
    Liked:
    Thank you..appreciate it.

14. OP
    OP
    Springs

Springs Member

First Name:
    Darrin
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Firecracker Rubicon JL 4-Door
    Liked:
    I am sorry to say, NO our Jeep still drives bad and I am hoping some day we will have a Jeep that drives safely down the road. I am waiting for a recall that will fix the loose steering feeling.

15. rickytam

rickytam Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ricky
    Vehicle(s):
    n/a
    Liked:
    I don’t know what you guys experience after 300+ pages

I’m coming from BMW X1, and my 2020 Sahara stock tires/wheels, drives pretty straight with more input than a BMW. For the most part, I think it’s a Jeep thing, and I got pretty use to it quickly.