Sponsored

Loose steering feels like it has play and drifts

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Here you go Case: 5978186 - nudge them would you please.
Hi Raul,
I was able to locate your case and see that your CM did reach out to you via email about an hour ago!
Alex
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

hubble

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2018 F150 4X4
I can't believe a class action suit hasn't been started already. I've had my 2018 JLUR for almost a year and a half now, waiting for a fix and still nothing.

VegasJeepJL

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Hi Raul,
I was able to locate your case and see that your CM did reach out to you via email about an hour ago!
Alex
Jeep Cares
Yeah - she reached out....ignored my last replies and was trying to close my case as fixed.
Way to "Care" Jeep -

Agree with above, we all know Jeep is reading these posts, How about collating the info and come up with an all inclusive TSB that will help every newcomer to this issue get a bunch of adjustments done vs having us ask for parts one at a time??
At least authorize the dealer to get these done faster!!

So far I see:
1- v41 completed (and any other recalls like the welding and spline one validated that done correctly)
2-New Track Bar
3- Latest Steering box -
4- Replace with Adjustable front control arms to add caster
5- Full Alignment including more caster and toe in as per other posts https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/steering-feels-loose-and-or-wander.28197/page-2
6-TEST DRIVE with Client!
7- adjust as needed

Total should be 1 visit and a possibly happier customers that are not sitting in rental cars for months

hubble

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2018 F150 4X4
Yeah - she reached out....ignored my last replies and was trying to close my case as fixed.
Way to "Care" Jeep -

Agree with above, we all know Jeep is reading these posts, How about collating the info and come up with an all inclusive TSB that will help every newcomer to this issue get a bunch of adjustments done vs having us ask for parts one at a time??
At least authorize the dealer to get these done faster!!

So far I see:
1- v41 completed (and any other recalls like the welding and spline one validated that done correctly)
2-New Track Bar
3- Latest Steering box -
4- Replace with Adjustable front control arms to add caster
5- Full Alignment including more caster and toe in as per other posts https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/steering-feels-loose-and-or-wander.28197/page-2
6-TEST DRIVE with Client!
7- adjust as needed

Total should be 1 visit and a possibly happier customers that are not sitting in rental cars for months
That would be great, But your dreamin........................

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
If I was jeep I would have the following statement included as part of the sales agreement:

As a purchaser of this Jeep vehicle I understand that Jeeps in this series drive and handle different that conventional vehicles. I have driven this vehicle prior to signing this acknowledgment. I accept this vehicle with the knowledge of the nature of the handling, and other than manufacturers authorized recalls and service bulletins I hold Jeep, their dealers, their owners and their successor harmless.

If I had read something like that I would have done some serious test driving and research.

Last edited:

Sponsored

GhosttheJL

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep jl Wrangler 2dr
I had my Jeep at the dealership today and called Jeep cares. The dealership said because it's lifted 2,5 inches and has 35s it's modified and the steering components are not under warranty. I called Jeep Cares and they said the only way they can force the dealership to actually fix the messed up steering is if I put it all the way back to stock. That's stock tires and remove the lift kit. Then they can step in and force the issue with the dealership. Which is San Diego Dodge. Worst dealership ever. I can barely drive the Jeep as it is. I love my Jeep but this is just ridiculous. I have never had these kind of problems on any new vehicle or dealership ever.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This is no more than a stall tactic, implemented to keep you from pursuing the problem with their service department.

Under "normal" circumstance I would agree that Jeep can not accurately diagnose a problem when you have modified the design of the car.
They can't determine if the problem is due to manufacturing, or to the changes you made and how those changes impacted the performance of the front end.

These are not normal circumstances, they are aware there is a serious problem with the JL series steering. Whether its lifted or not.
They know there are issues due to the numerous complaints from owners of every model in this series. Complaints have rolled in from owners across the country with non lifted Jeeps. If there is a problem with stock Jeeps it stands to reason that same problem carries over to the lifted ones. If they resolve it on the stock ones, the fix should resolve the lifted Jeep issue as well.

At this point you have given them a excuse to further blow you off.

Why are we as a collective not starting a letter writing campaign to the CEO of FCA ?

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Very well put. The JL is so damn cool and such an improvement over past jeeps that I just do not want to give mine up. I want a solution and the group of us here that have issues really do need to stay on top of this. I know that a lot of people are happy with their steering and I Implore them to completely stop reading this thread because the info here obviously doesn't apply. But if it DOES apply then you know damn well it applies because you feel like you're sitting in a wagon holding that handle trying to steer it down a steep hill. If you feel like you're in control of your jeep then you don't have the problem.
I think my Radio Flyer had better steering.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It can happen. Happened with a group of Porsche guys and they got them to react
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3...pag-plus-porsche-s-official-announcement.html
I would think step 1 is getting the right persons name as well as an e- mail or mailing address.
Part 2 is some degree of uniformity (talking points) to be addressed.
Naturally it has to be civil as well as non derogatory in nature.
They do have a twitter, facebook, website and other social media presence that might be useable resources to communicate through.

Anyone have a name and address for the CEO and the head of customer relations for the Jeep brand ?

I bet Jeep Care would be able to help us out with this info !

HERES WHAT I FOUND SO FAR :
Jeep Headquarters Address and Contact Address: 6100 Telegraph Rd, Toledo, OH 43612, USA Phone Number: +1 419-476-0761 Fax Number: N/A Email: N/A Number of Employees: N/A Established: 1943 Founder: N/A Key People: Michael Manley (CEO of Jeep division)

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would think step 1 is getting the right persons name as well as an e- mail or mailing address.

Anyone have a name and address for the CEO and the head of customer relations for the Jeep brand ?

Jeep Headquarters Address and Contact Address: 6100 Telegraph Rd, Toledo, OH 43612, USA Phone Number: +1 419-476-0761 Fax Number: N/A Email: N/A Number of Employees: N/A Established: 1943 Founder: N/A Key People: Michael Manley (CEO of Jeep division)
FCA CEO -
Michael Manley
Chief Executive Officer

North America COO -
Mark Stewart
NORTH AMERICA

Jeep Brand Lead -
Christian Meunier
Jeep

These would be who we needed contact info for. Then a well written letter along with a document that has everyone sign it with vins. That is how the process started with Porsche.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
FCA CEO -
Michael Manley
Chief Executive Officer

North America COO -
Mark Stewart
NORTH AMERICA

Jeep Brand Lead -
Christian Meunier
Jeep

These would be who we needed contact info for. Then a well written letter along with a document that has everyone sign it with vins. That is how the process started with Porsche.
one letter....or a hundred individual letters ?

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
They do have a twitter, facebook, website and other social media presence that might be useable resources to communicate through.

You realize that the address you found is for a DEALERSHIP???!!

Jeep HQ is in Auburn Hills, MI.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
one letter....or a hundred individual letters ?
One letter addressed from affected parties. In the Porsche example one of the guys affected was an attorney so he wrote a very fact based professional letter. Then you need another where all the people signed it with vins that are having issues. The more the names, the better.
Sponsored