Sponsored

Loose steering feels like it has play and drifts

Dennis Castro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Sahara
Curious...but do you have the part numbers of the new track bar they installed on yours, and if so, does it match the part numbers shown on this new TSB that just came out?
my part # was the part number on the star case, so i got the updated part #.
Sponsored

9SecVmax

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Jeep
My Jeep is only 4 days old. Drove it home from Falls Church Va to Raleigh. I fought every damn second to keep it straight. I made an appointment at the local dealer for Friday. HAS anyone taken there JL to the dealer and had this rectified? If so, what was the solution?

I read somewhere that the trac bar gets replaced under a TSB or a PCM flash to new firmware. But does it work?

I have a Rubicon setup waiting to go on WITH longer Mopar control arms. I just want them to look at it first.

this is a great forum by the way....

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Start with tire pressure and alignment.

Read this thread for what folks are doing with tire pressures and then check your toe/caster.

Go back to dealer and have them check the parts you mentioned and also have them check torque on all steering parts.

Of course, if you are bolting on a Rubi suspension, wait to check alignment.

Dennis Castro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Sahara
My Jeep is only 4 days old. Drove it home from Falls Church Va to Raleigh. I fought every damn second to keep it straight. I made an appointment at the local dealer for Friday. HAS anyone taken there JL to the dealer and had this rectified? If so, what was the solution?

I read somewhere that the trac bar gets replaced under a TSB or a PCM flash to new firmware. But does it work?

I have a Rubicon setup waiting to go on WITH longer Mopar control arms. I just want them to look at it first.

this is a great forum by the way....
there have been a few members whos steering has gotten better through trackbars, etc, but mine has not. im convinced FCA doesnt have a true fix for the issue, right now.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
there have been a few members whos steering has gotten better through trackbars, etc, but mine has not. im convinced FCA doesnt have a true fix for the issue, right now.
Theres a fix out there but in order to have it in a reasonable time frame it’ll hit your wallet. I replaced my track bar, draglink and tie rod with steer smart stuff and know have a king steering stabilizer. Jeep drives great. I had to pull over 8 times in 17 miles before for teeth rattling death wobble before. Was absolutely terrible.

I get the frustration everyone is having

Brett

Sponsored

abutterman1

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
So I've tried 2 dealers and both refuse to even acknowledge the issues at hand. I'm about to just get the latest track bar and stabilizer myself. Question though, on the Mopar.com shop under accessories, they directly sell the Fox steering stabilizer. Anyone know how this would affect future warranty claims since they actually endorse and sell the part directly?

9SecVmax

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Jeep
So I've tried 2 dealers and both refuse to even acknowledge the issues at hand. I'm about to just get the latest track bar and stabilizer myself. Question though, on the Mopar.com shop under accessories, they directly sell the Fox steering stabilizer. Anyone know how this would affect future warranty claims since they actually endorse and sell the part directly?
Can't you call Jeep Assurance? I read somewhere they will stand behind you. Because, if this dealer pulls that sh!t on me, it will get ugly for them. However, I don't think they will. They have been nice to me in the past even though I haven't bought the last 4 FCA cars from them....

Dennis Castro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Sahara
call jeep cares, doubtful any dealer will start replacing stuff without them. i was stonewalled by 3 dealers before jeepcares stepped in.

Sswrangler03

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
call jeep cares, doubtful any dealer will start replacing stuff without them. i was stonewalled by 3 dealers before jeepcares stepped in.
What is Jeep cares? How do we contact them?

Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Did you print and show them Star Case #S1819000003 “Steering Feels Loose and or Wander”? They can't refuse to acknowledge the issue if FCA published a Star Case on it.

abutterman1

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Yeah, that's it. Jeep Cares. Call them...
I actually did have them involved. They tried their best but the dealers won’t even let them try to help. The GM at the last one actually tried to just order the parts but said it required the old part numbers to be reported and service would just retrieve and submit. They instead did absolutely nothing while it was there for over a day and the GM gave up as well. I looked myself on the ground and I have parts ending in AB. They couldn’t even be bothered to look and let The Star reps decide how to proceed.

abutterman1

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Did you print and show them Star Case #S1819000003 “Steering Feels Loose and or Wander”? They can't refuse to acknowledge the issue if FCA published a Star Case on it.
I did. They tried to tell me that it’s not for loose steering, only death wobble even though the title literally says loose steering. They then went with the “another one on the lot feels the same” story without even bothering to compare part numbers.
Sponsored