Holymoly1963

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3, Wrangler JL Sport with bad steering
Talk about MONEY Pits!!!
Owned 6 over past 18 years and they were always under warranty and actually quite reliable. Plus , if there was a problem, those 2 manufacturers knew how to treat you well. They actually return calls and emails in a timely manner. They are professionals and their vehicles actually respond and turn with less than 3 inches of steering input. I don't expect my Jeep to steer as well, but 3 inches of play is simply unsafe.

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
I've owned more than my fair share of BMW's (too many to count). Great Driving experience... I've learned Don't ever own them past warranty$$$$

I had the same problem with my Daughter's Moab.... Spoke with Dealer.. Problem resolved.

Need to find a new Dealer....

Sponsored

brettJLg

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLSU
First trip to the dealer, will be picking up tonight. Told they "reset my vehicle electronic calibration and it seems to have resolved your complaints".

Will report back in, not sure if anyone has heard this before and unable to confirm at this time if it did in fact improve anything...

tom231

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport. 2018 F-150 XLT Sport
Mine seems to not wander as much as it did when new. Actually, it seems like it drives better when it's cold out. Does that seem odd?
My thinking is the power steering fluid is a little thicker when cold, stiffening the steering a bit, reducing play in the wheel..???

DWheelerR

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
Mine seems to not wander as much as it did when new. Actually, it seems like it drives better when it's cold out. Does that seem odd?
My thinking is the power steering fluid is a little thicker when cold, stiffening the steering a bit, reducing play in the wheel..???
Correct . Mine drives great when it's cold outside . Above 50° it sucks

Sponsored

brettJLg

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLSU
Well, steering is still loose. I would say it felt marginally better on the highway this morning but with traffic was a small stint and no potholes to check the death wobble on.

It's also one of the coldest mornings we've had here this morning so that could be a factor. First dealer trip of many done i'm sure..

DWheelerR

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
There has to be a way one of these hacker/programer people can provide a way to adjust the steering assist.
IMO thats what is causing this. Its assisting too much on some of ours jeeps..
Im only assuming because when i pull the fuse on the power steering, I get no play.

Most vehicles, the assist make steering tighter the faster you go, Mine seems to not do that at all.
I love driving my 2dr JK over my JL . :(

318Polara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon 2dr
My dealer said same thing. None of the updates pertain to my Vin or build date. One thing I found out is don't mention forum and do not bring copies of TSB or bulletins, this seems to insult them.

318Polara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon 2dr
Was informed dispatcher/service manager is to find this information. Seems to me lots of people in dealers like mine don't want to be bothered. Anyway if your handy with wrenches you might be able to help yourself. I put Mopar 2" lift lower control arms on made it 75% better. The dealer did do alignment and adjusted toe-in. Tightened lower ball joints to next slot in castle nut. Adjusted gear box 1/8 turn. Now I'm about 90% good waiting on a Teraflex 2.2 steering stabilizer, but it does handle very close to our JK . Hopefully stabilizer will dial it in close too 100%. When and if FCA comes out with a solution, everything I have done can be put back. If you read the threads on this issue you will find that maybe just doing one of these things could get you where you want to be. Would rather be down 20HP and leave computers and electronics out of steering system. Next issue, my white grill turning yellow. At their mercy on this one, till my patience runs out, then its just dig deep in the pocket and do it yourself.
Sponsored