Sponsored

Loose steering feels like it has play and drifts

Mosesdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sport
My 2nd attemp to get my AC box swapped for the “AD” steering box is only being held up by the service manager. Jeepcares is on my side with this loose steering and my complaint mirrors all others on this post. The service manager is not calling back and Jeepcares is only waiting on his shop to do the swap. I’m pissed!
Sponsored

Woodynj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
My 2nd attemp to get my AC box swapped for the “AD” steering box is only being held up by the service manager. Jeepcares is on my side with this loose steering and my complaint mirrors all others on this post. The service manager is not calling back and Jeepcares is only waiting on his shop to do the swap. I’m pissed!
I finally opened the hood and checked my steering box...AD version... not the silver bullet you are looking for. I hope in your case it is. My next request of the dealer is to replace it with a new one

Mosesdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sport
I finally opened the hood and checked my steering box...AD version... not the silver bullet you are looking for. I hope in your case it is. My next request of the dealer is to replace it with a new one
Thanks. I’ll be patient and see what comes out of this. Best of luck with getting your steering resolved.

Last edited:

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
From the Jeep informant videos, the silver bullet was AD version PLUS tightening 3/16 of a turn.

Periokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLUR and some others.
From the Jeep informant videos, the silver bullet was AD version PLUS tightening 3/16 of a turn.
Jeep Informant said the AD box didn't make any difference until he adjusted it. So AC felt like AD until adjustment. My AD box stinks.

Sponsored

Holymoly1963

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3, Wrangler JL Sport with bad steering
Hey, is the Jeep Informant in Jeep Jail? I'll help with his bail money as his approach to solving the crap steering is far more helpful than what I've seen from FCA.

Joeymon1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Mine has the loose steering also. It's not that bad if it's not windy, but 2 weeks ago we were having high winds in the area and it was hard to keep on the road. Between this and my radio not holding time, I'm beginning to have doubts about my first ever Jeep purchase. BTW, it only has 500 miles on it.
Yah,, but it sure looks nice!

Jl-Family

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL unlimited sport s
Occupation
Cnc machine programmer
See post # 2127 , above yours , referencing marino cjr in Chicago , which fixed his steering based on ideas from this forum . Have your dealer service manager call the marino cjr service manager .
Thanks !

Sponsored

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Jeep Informant said the AD box didn't make any difference until he adjusted it. So AC felt like AD until adjustment. My AD box stinks.
Did you try to adjust your AD box?

KeJaCo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1999 WJ
Occupation
SCADA Field Service Tech
Go figure my dealer says there is no steering calibration software update available for my JLU that was built on 1/31 BUT they are continuing to check everything else out in the steering system.

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
Go figure my dealer says there is no steering calibration software update available for my JLU that was built on 1/31 BUT they are continuing to check everything else out in the steering system.
He may mean the TSB doesn't apply to your Jeep. You can ask Jeep Waves to tell him to apply it anyhow.

Lak7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Ask the dealer to apply TSB 08-092-18 anyway.
Sponsored