JLUR

otisroy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
I had RK 2.5" lift with adjustable upper control arms installed Friday. I had the caster adjusted and noticed a good bit of difference. There's still some slop at the top of the wheel but overall it feels much better. I did some highway driving in a crosswind and I didn't have to concentrate on steering.

PunknRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I had RK 2.5" lift with adjustable upper control arms installed Friday. I had the caster adjusted and noticed a good bit of difference. There's still some slop at the top of the wheel but overall it feels much better. I did some highway driving in a crosswind and I didn't have to concentrate on steering.
Good to hear. What other work have you had done before the control arms?

otisroy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
None. I took it to the dealership and they looked it over and checked the torque on the bolts. They advised that there's nothing wrong with mine because they all drive like that. To top it off we went for a spin in a Sahara that drove like crap too. If I'd been on my game I would asked to go for a test drive in a JK.

Sponsored

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
What were the final number(s) for the caster?

otisroy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
I'll have to look. I asked them to take it to 6.4.

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
I'll have to look. I asked them to take it to 6.4.
Would be interested. Is that the upper caster limit for a Sport S? I'm being lazy ... don't want to back-read through 137 pages in this thread to find those numbers again.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

sapitts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
I brought my Jeep in for the third time for the loose steering and the finally acknowledge the problem and said FCA is aware and looking into it. They even gave me paperwork talking about the issue.

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

Sponsored

wyatt209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I brought my Jeep in for the third time for the loose steering and the finally acknowledge the problem and said FCA is aware and looking into it. They even gave me paperwork talking about the issue.

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg
Took min JL into the dealer on Friday after a couple of days of high winds and drifting, drove a 2018 JK while they were looking at my JL. Drove home with a new 2018 JK. Until they fix that steering Ill stick with the JK. Oh ya, no auto start. :)

RubiZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg
Sorry to hear about your issue. I hope it gets resolved soon.

RubiZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
They better solve this steering issue for the 2019's. Otherwise they will be seeing a lot of pissed of people or perhaps lawsuits.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
They better solve this steering issue for the 2019's. Otherwise they will be seeing a lot of pissed of people or perhaps lawsuits.
Well , so far on this forum and Youtube , I've seen maybe 10 solutions . Maybe , just maybe , they ought to go back to mechanical steering , and ditch any electronics controls .
Sponsored