Loose/rattle rear seat

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
So I heard a rattle noise when driving lately and it's really driving me crazy. I thought it was the tailgate or tailgate glass, so I hose it down with silicon spray but found no improvement. Today, finally, found the cause, check all bolts and nut was tight, anyone else experience the same problem and will dealer fix it?

Sponsored

Last edited:

hollywood323

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Any luck with this? I had a squeak that drove me nuts and i thought was tailgate as well added weatherstripping. Silicone grease adjusted tailgate. To find out its coming from rear seats behind driver. When i know the seat down not a peep when seat is up it squeaks like crazy

CJJLUR78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Willys, and previously owner of a 85 CJ-7
I had a similar issue with my previous JL. The rear seat behind the driver side clunked or squeaked when making turns. Not all the time, but sometimes. It didn't make the noise if the seat was down. The dealer finally determined that the rear seat frame (the bottom of the seat) was broken and replaced it. The noise stopped once the seat was replaced. Not sure if this is the same issue but sounds like it might be. Good luck.

hollywood323

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
I had a similar issue with my previous JL. The rear seat behind the driver side clunked or squeaked when making turns. Not all the time, but sometimes. It didn't make the noise if the seat was down. The dealer finally determined that the rear seat frame (the bottom of the seat) was broken and replaced it. The noise stopped once the seat was replaced. Not sure if this is the same issue but sounds like it might be. Good luck.
Hate going to the dealer but guess I have to! Thank you
Sponsored