Looks like off road pages coming soon

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
It was never advertised to come with the 7". It was only ever marketed with the 8.4". If you bought the 7" thinking you'd get it without doing your due diligence....well that's on you. There's tons of us, myself included, who purchased the 8.4" for the ORP and didn't get them as advertised. I've been "patiently" waiting for 6 months to get what I paid for and hopefully with the OTA update I'll have them on my Jeep....albeit too late for this years 4x4 season.
I don't think anybody, myself included, bought the 7" screen for the ORP. But, the fact still remains that if you paid $1,000 for a Tech Package and you didn't get ORP then it's B.S.

P.S. most of the information in the ORP is standard on every JL with the upgraded dash cluster anyhow.
Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
It was never advertised to come with the 7". It was only ever marketed with the 8.4". If you bought the 7" thinking you'd get it without doing your due diligence....well that's on you. There's tons of us, myself included, who purchased the 8.4" for the ORP and didn't get them as advertised. I've been "patiently" waiting for 6 months to get what I paid for and hopefully with the OTA update I'll have them on my Jeep....albeit too late for this years 4x4 season.
Agreed, and impatiently waiting. It was rather obvious in that you needed the 8.5 to get the Off road pages. I hate scrolling through the gauges when crawling at less than 2-3 mph in 95-100 degree weather and fan is howling.

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
Whats the version number for the update with ORP?

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
I don't think anybody, myself included, bought the 7" screen for the ORP. But, the fact still remains that if you paid $1,000 for a Tech Package and you didn't get ORP then it's B.S.

P.S. most of the information in the ORP is standard on every JL with the upgraded dash cluster anyhow.
Not sure what was advertised as included in the tech package. When I was researching what I wanted I was only interested in the infotainment pkg due to the ORP and the alpine stereo. It is on the dash by the speedo but much smaller display and missing some “key” features like having all engines gauges on one screen, lay/long/altitude, etc. My plan is to put one graphic on the 8.4 and another on the speedo display to keep from having to scroll back and forth when I want something.

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure what was advertised as included in the tech package. When I was researching what I wanted I was only interested in the infotainment pkg due to the ORP and the alpine stereo. It is on the dash by the speedo but much smaller display and missing some “key” features like having all engines gauges on one screen, lay/long/altitude, etc. My plan is to put one graphic on the 8.4 and another on the speedo display to keep from having to scroll back and forth when I want something.
What was inlcuded in "tech package"? I dont recall seeing any different packages offered.

Sponsored

EsTxDr

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Now several people on Facebook are announcing they suddenly have the offroad pages. I'll have to check mine today.

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
What was inlcuded in "tech package"? I dont recall seeing any different packages offered.
Looks like it’s the upgrade pkg on a Sport. For the Sahara/Rubicon it’s the infotainment package for the upgrade. No wonder I never even looked at the tech package since I only wanted a Rubi.

8EE1CE6E-D572-4DCE-8C11-B78D1EB3B690.png

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon

The Infotainment package is $1400 OVER the 7” $1000 Technology Package. So that makes the Infotainment Package a $2400 option.

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
The Infotainment package is $1400 OVER the 7” $1000 Technology Package. So that makes the Infotainment Package a $2400 option.
It’s a lot more than that since you can’t get the 8.4 on a Sport and the 7” is standard on a Sahara/Rubicon. So while true it’s a $1400 upgrade from stock it’s not really a $2400 option because it requires a model change to get it hence way more $.

Sponsored

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got mine yesterday also here in NC. I just went out and checked and the app is still there! Wonder why it vanishes on some & not others? It did take a minute to show up, wasnt there right away but the Jeep was in the garage.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
It's B.S. that the people who paid $1,000 for the Technology Group with the 7" screen don't get the Off-Road Pages.
It's BS that people who didn't pay for a feature didn't get it? Funny.

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's BS that people who didn't pay for a feature didn't get it? Funny.
To be fair the screen size really shouldnt be an issue from a technology standpoint but that said the reason I paid for the full system this go round is with the Ford we traded I remember kicking myself every time we didnt have a feature the "My Ford Touch" system had!

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
To be fair the screen size really shouldnt be an issue from a technology standpoint but that said the reason I paid for the full system this go round is with the Ford we traded I remember kicking myself every time we didnt have a feature the "My Ford Touch" system had!
Right, but if the 7" screen had every option the 8.4" does, nobody would pay for the 8.4".
Sponsored