Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just saw the info on the Rivian SUV expected to come out in 2021 (truck will be out next year). All electric with motor at each wheel to give full control in all driving situations and a max horsepower of 735 hp and 0 - 60 in 3.5 sec. Range of 410 miles with an 80% charge in 1 hr. with the proper charger (assume they mean a 240 volt). No air conditioning grilles but a diffused fully automatic air delivery system, center tunnel storage for skis or golf clubs, storage hidden in outside fenders, infotainment system screens front and rear, two screens front - looks like a 10" - 12" in gauges area and a 20" in center stack. No price was listed and a very ugly front end but the range and speed makes it a viable sports car SUV. They have an assembly plant in Illinois (I think that's where it is) and you can put down a refundable $1,000 deposit to get on the order list.
Guess I'll be selling my new JL in a couple of years.

https://www.teslarati.com/rivian-r1t-r1s-hidden-features-details-electric-truck-suv/
Sponsored

ECHO

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL Rubicon - Black
Occupation
Retired Air Force - Currently in my Dream Job
:( so soon

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Guess I'll be selling my new JL in a couple of years.
You'd sell your JL for... for... for... that? My sympathies to you sir ;)

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

Gotta admit the Rivian specs are hard to resist. 400+ miles range should cover most of my needs too. And they're Amazon backed now too so definitely have a good chance at coming to market.

If you're looking for a mistress site away from here, here's a good place to lurk.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forums
Sponsored