Not open for further replies.

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Ya'll ever think about this guy/girl - you work at Ford, you've seen the Bronco, driven it, know it inside and out - BUT - you can't breathe a word to anyone about it! I'd say that person(s) ought to get a bonus or a direct job with one of the guv-ment agencies, It sure as hell wouldn't be me, I'd let some hot young call girl get all that info out of me.
Sponsored

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
Ya'll ever think about this guy/girl - you work at Ford, you've seen the Bronco, driven it, know it inside and out - BUT - you can't breathe a word to anyone about it! I'd say that person(s) ought to get a bonus or a direct job with one of the guv-ment agencies, It sure as hell wouldn't be me, I'd let some hot young call girl get all that info out of me.
Slightly on topic about secrecy, but my sister and niece on a lark, went for a casting call for extras in the "Man Of Steel" Superman movie. And wouldn't you know it, they got cast in a scene with Kevin Costner and others, taking place in a hospital. Face time and all. But it was hush hush, and they couldn't say anything about the scene for a year, until the movie came out. People wanted to know, but they could only say they would be in the movie.

So the movie finally comes out, and guess which scene was cut from the movie? Ugh. I hoped the studio would later come out with one of those extended cuts or deleted scenes offerings, but they never did include that sequence, it remains on the cutting room floor somewhere.

On that note, I guess we'll soon find out which features are included in the new Bronco, and what ends up on the "cutting room floor". :)

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
That's why Jeep make HARD TOPS for Debbie Downers who never plan on having fun.
Everyone gets what they want and wins, except for true convertible die hards who want a motorized soft-top like the MyTop
I always enjoy your passive aggressive posts. :)

Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
C&D Posted an article with some renders, and a few tidbits. Apparently it'll have power seats, a removable top, and get this.. you can remove the doors by pulling latches instead of having to unscrew/pull hinge pins.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a...k&src=socialflowFBCAD&utm_medium=social-media

I wonder what it'll cost. If it lives up to its expectations and costs less than a Rubicon I can see the resale value on our Jeeps really tanking lol.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
C&D Posted an article with some renders, and a few tidbits. Apparently it'll have power seats, a removable top, and get this.. you can remove the doors by pulling latches instead of having to unscrew/pull hinge pins.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a...k&src=socialflowFBCAD&utm_medium=social-media

I wonder what it'll cost. If it lives up to its expectations and costs less than a Rubicon I can see the resale value on our Jeeps really tanking lol.
Plus the doors can be stored in the vehicle's cargo area.

I wonder how accurate the info is? A lot of Rubicon customers are rock crawlers. IFS will be a no-go for rock crawlers. I think the Sport/Sahara is more likely to be a competitor with the Bronco.

The Wrangler has a huge price gap between models. $30K to almost $76K. I would say there is a spot for the Bronco somewhere in there.

Nice read.

Last edited:

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Okie dokie, whatever you say.
@baron95 logic: Jeep Rubicon can be outfitted with 35" tires with zero modifications but doesn't offer the 35" tires from the factory, OMG what a HUGE jump it will be to strap on 37's!!!

-Sees a picture of a Bronco mule reportedly running 315/70/r17 (34.4") tires. OMG, it will be sooo easy to strap on 37's!!!
tenor.gif

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
A lot of Rubicon customers are rock crawlers. IFS will be a no-go for rock crawlers.
While that may be true, and more competition would be ideal, I wonder if there isn't enough of a market for rock crawling SUVs?

That said, even with an IFS, the removable top and doors are a big deal.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
While that may be true, and more competition would be ideal, I wonder if there isn't enough of a market for rock crawling SUVs?

Rock crawlers are probably a very small percentage of actual Wrangler owners. The Bronco might not appeal to hard core rock crawlers but it will get the attention of other Wrangler drivers. Or potential Wrangler customers. If Ford does not screw it up. lol. Overall competition is good for the end consumer. Always nice to have a choice.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual

Name another vehicle that you can remove both off of

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I think it's a lot simpler than y'all are making it.

If it looks cool it will sell. If it looks dumb it won't.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.