Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Looks like Ford co-designed it with Playmobil.

I know it's just a render. Looking forward to seeing the real thing.

Sponsored

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Pretty shure they are releasing renagate equivalent as well as regular bronco.
Bronco sport will be up against Renegade.

People don't buy it for towing, but those who have fishing boats and small ski boats use them.

Power is needed for offroad as well.
EcoBoost 3.5 has more torque then Chevy 6.2 at the wheel .
2.7 tt has more torque then 5.3 Chevy.
I believe 2.7 will be a choice on bronco.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I have owned and wheeled IFS vehicles. I'm quite aware of the capabilities and limitations of them. I would say that there is a big difference between actually going wheeling, where tackling very rough terrain is the reason why you are there. And going adventuring, where you are getting off the beaten path and will be likely to go over rough terrain. IFS does not mean that it's incapable of handling some rough terrain, but it will be less suited to it. I attached some pictures of my old Grand Cherokee. The pictures of it wheeling are from 21 road near Grand Junction CO. I also wheeled it at Moab later in that trip, but I don't have those pictures anymore. I am quite aware of what you can get a vehicle to do with IFS. But I'm back in a Wrangler because I fully recognize the limitations that you have to deal with as well. I had to take every bypass. I broke ball joints, front diff bushings, and rack and pinion steering systems. And I was lucky. Other guys with the same basic setup had a lot more go wrong. That is why I laugh when people say the Bronco will be a direct competitor to the Wrangler, and that it will be able to do most of the same things as it. That just isn't how things work. This has all the signs of being no more capable than the FJ Cruiser. Even when they were built they were an also ran, on and off the trails. Do people need the Bronco to be as capable as the Wrangler? No, not really. But buyers want to know that they have the best. And there will be head to head shootouts on a hundred or so Youtube channels, magazines, TV shows etc. And when it comes down to it the Bronco won't beat the Wrangler. That will absolutely stick in the minds of many buyers. Competition is a great thing, but I wish the fight was going to be a little bit closer.

19338771196_0607dd4d10_o.jpg

19178685579_c659765c90_o.jpg

2264513405_c0a963caef_o.jpg

2265346760_0e655f2abe_o.jpg

Sponsored

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
I still think this is the closest, since it’s based on the Bronco R prototype. And uses the leaked headlight design.
B97F5EFA-3509-4644-ABEA-E33471A8D78C.png

Except the Bronco R is nothing like that camo'd test mule in terms of the actual suspension design.

The resemblance, at best, will likely be skin deep.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
*Yawn*

It is getting quite tedious reading the 2 main points back and forth.

Argument 1 - It's got IFS, it will never appeal to Wrangler owners. Even if they don't wanna rock crawl, owners want to know their vehicle can.

Argument 2 - Most Wrangler owners don't rock crawl nor do they care what kind of suspension it has as long as it looks rugged and has a removable roof. It doesn't hurt that it will off more powerful engines, either.

Can we move past the repetitiveness of making these 2 arguments over and over?

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
*Yawn*

It is getting quite tedious reading the 2 main points back and forth.

Argument 1 - It's got IFS, it will never appeal to Wrangler owners. Even if they don't wanna rock crawl, owners want to know their vehicle can.

Argument 2 - Most Wrangler owners don't rock crawl nor do they care what kind of suspension it has as long as it looks rugged and has a removable roof. It doesn't hurt that it will off more powerful engines, either.

Can we move past the repetitiveness of making these 2 arguments over and over?
Lol. You should see the Bronco forums right now, I decided to leave for a little while. Absolute cluster frack and it’s just a repeating of what you said over and over.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K5 Blazer, Jeep
I was hoping the new Bronco would be based on a F150 or F250 single-cab frame with solid axles. Something that would be similar to the 80s and 90s Broncos and full size Blazers. I am not interested in the new Bronco based on the information available so far.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Pretty shure they are releasing renagate equivalent as well as regular bronco.
Bronco sport will be up against Renegade.

People don't buy it for towing, but those who have fishing boats and small ski boats use them.

Power is needed for offroad as well.
EcoBoost 3.5 has more torque then Chevy 6.2 at the wheel .
2.7 tt has more torque then 5.3 Chevy.
I believe 2.7 will be a choice on bronco.
It might be a choice and a nice one but the 2.3 in the Ranger is more than anyone would ever need on or off-road. I have a new Ranger and the engine is a little beast. I’ll bet the Bronco will be standard with it. I don’t think there has been anyone who has driven the 2.3 and was upset with the power.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.