Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Loaded Rubicon with 3.6 engine:

Screenshot_20200119-143133_Chrome.jpg
That's shocking, but let's see the sticker. If that is indeed the sticker, then no wonder they are clogging the lots now, and I'd be even more glad that I bought mine when I did. Mine is loaded with everything but leather and auto transmission and stickered at about 53. Maybe even 52, but I'd have to go back and look. It also looks like that one pictured has that crazy expensive leaking auto roof. I wouldn't take that top if they gave it to me for free.

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
$1800 premium for one-touch over dual-top, so "loaded" these days is kinda a variable.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Yep. I built one for fun and got it to 65k. Crazy. Lol

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Loaded Rubicon with 3.6 engine:

Screenshot_20200119-143133_Chrome.jpg
$1800 premium for one-touch over dual-top, so "loaded" these days is kinda a variable.
Exactly. You cant just select every option. The power touch top, autobraking/adaptive cruise, LED lighting, Aux switches, etc.. were not even available as options back then

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Well, one thing is clear. Jeep has LOTS of room in the price of these things for rebates and incentives if sales start to drop off, which I think they might actually be starting to do.

crashclay

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Well, one thing is clear. Jeep has LOTS of room in the price of these things for rebates and incentives if sales start to drop off, which I think they might actually be starting to do.
they are definitely dealing. I just bought my 2020 JLUR last week and I got it for what I thought I’d pay for a leftover 2019.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
I just don’t know why you’d need so much bullshit on your car?? I’ve seen pretty reasonably equipped rubis in my area for $45kish.

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I just don’t know why you’d need so much bullshit on your car?? I’ve seen pretty reasonably equipped rubis in my area for $45kish.
Isn't that the mantra of many current Jeep owners? To try to see how much bullshit you can strap on to it?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
We will probably see a $70K Wrangler when a Special Ed Diesel or Plug-In Hybrid arrives. That's a LOT of wiggle room pricing wise for the Bronco or any other brand.

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Until they start buying bumpers, larger wheels, tires, winch, lifts, driveline modifications. Lol.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Jl is only in it's 3rd model year and there have been heavy discounts and incentives for the "18' and '19s already. There is a $2K incentive now on '19's. That's never happened to Wranglers before.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No way mid 60's, unless he's talking a diesel. Even then I'd say 60 or maybe 61 tops.

I paid 35 for my 08 Rubi, which was sticker. Dealers were getting 2k to 3k over sticker at the time. I paid just under 47 for my 18 JL, which was about 6k below sticker, so about a $12k increase. That's about 34% more. That's about 3.4% a year. The average for inflation over that time period was about 3.2%. That means it feels like a bigger difference than it actually is.

Of course, i'm basing it on what I actually paid, not on sticker to sticker. But, it is accurate in terms of what the market would bear. In the Fall of 07, JK Rubis were absolutely at a premium. I had to go far from home to find it at sticker. The JL, on the otherhand, started for me at 1% below invoice, and my dealership found a couple other incentives. Either way, I paid about what should reasonably be expected.

I haven't seen what the 2020's are going for, but I doubt they are getting sticker for them. There are simply too many sitting on the dealer lots, including Rubicons. When I bought my JK, Rubicons lasted just a few hours when unloaded from the truck. If you got lucky, you might have seen one there a day.
You probably bought very early when the JL first came out. You probably have those early prices in your mind. FCA has been raising prices for inflation every model year since you priced yours out. I think you can build a $67K-$68K JL today. There will probably be Special Ed diesels and Plug-ins. We will probably see a $70K Wrangler soon.

One thing I don't understand? Why is FCA still raising prices only to discounting heavily? To inflate their market cap or play games with accounting?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.