• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
It looks like it has frameless door windows. That should make storing the doors easier. And if those window seals are incorporated into the roll bar and B and C pillars, it out to simplify the roof design.
Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
It looks like it has frameless door windows. That should make storing the doors easier. And if those window seals are incorporated into the roll bar and B and C pillars, it out to simplify the roof design.
How about this: I also propose that in addition to them being frameless half doors that there is a type of tube/lattice door to which the skin/window assembly attaches, and that skeleton will remain when the doors are "removed", thus leaving the structure and hinge/lock hardware in place. This will reduce the bulk and weight of the skins while supplying a type of minimal tube half door. Very easy to store just the frameless skin/window assembly on board, and easy to carry and remove.:fingerscrossed:

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Pretty small tires, which, of course can be upgraded, but the 3rd taillight leaves precious little room for a larger tire unless it's adjustable. Also, did you notice the same back up camera solution poking through the spare?

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
No leaf springs on there. That is a Lower control arm, so it is coil springs rear, and can't tell from pictures if it will have a watts link yet like rumors state.

attached is a photo from the Bronco Forums pulled from another site showing what is said to be the rear suspension design. From all the photos, this very well could be a Ranger Raptor suspension setup in use on the Bronco. If that is the case this will not be just a mall crawler.
C97DAABA-7F09-4BCB-934A-747B1534A469.png
This photo is from the F150 Raptor spy photo. Not the Ranger.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
This photo is from the F150 Raptor spy photo. Not the Ranger.
You are correct Sir! I pulled it from the Bronco forums, did not do a google search to verify it. Good catch. However the Bronco photos posted do show lower control arms and not a leaf spring

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beat up old VW Passat
6 lug hubs and take a look at the rear shot. Does the spare make the body look wide or does the body width make the spare look small. 31" 32" 33" tires? Rear leaf springs means a track bar is not needed back there. I pulled the track bars on any leaf sprung axle.
From the side and rear shots, assuming that's an 18" wheel (common with mid level trims), making the tire probably a 31" model (measures about half inch under that, again pretty normal for mid level trims), and the wheelbase is 112" (matching the Everest and the ugly Bronco mules).

Did they actually manage to make the breakover angle worse than the 4dr JL?
That was my first impression too, but there's a running board or step of some kind making it look several inches lower. Frame rails and diff are probably comparable to trims on Wrangler.

TXRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR, '23 Porsche Cayman GTS
I couldn't care less about the windshield folding (and I'd guess 99.9% of buyers don't either). What I do care about is being able to see when I take my doors off without having some hackjob 3rd party mirror solution.

I bet the windshield doesn't fold down. Jeep can't mount them on the A pillar because ours does.

Sponsored

powelld353

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2000 Wrangler TJ Sport
Occupation
General idiot, know nothing
Vehicle Showcase
I would definitely take a look at the Bronco. From what I've seen it looks pretty cool and I would love to test drive it when it debuts. Never buy a first year vehicle though, still working out the kinks. As far as switching over, maybe get the wife to trade in her Cherokee for it, the Wrangler stays mine. One thing about the Wranglers is nothing else looks like it....period, and anything that comes close is just a blatant copy. I do have my issues with some of the quality problems FCA has with the new JL and the dealerships around me are mostly crap. One thing to think about is the aftermarket and experienced aftermarket parts that the Wranglers enjoy, the Bronco won't have anything even close for many years and that's if the vehicle takes off market-wise. Could I see a Bronco in my future? Maybe, but it'd be next to my JL!!

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I do like the Fold Down inner glass, and adapted these mirror brackets from ones I had made for my JK. Hope FCA keeps the option...
A big part of the Wrangler is being able to DIY , especially since "cars" are really "appliances " now, with all the personality that implies.

Screenshot_20200116-093333.jpg

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
I would definitely take a look at the Bronco. From what I've seen it looks pretty cool and I would love to test drive it when it debuts. Never buy a first year vehicle though, still working out the kinks. As far as switching over, maybe get the wife to trade in her Cherokee for it, the Wrangler stays mine. One thing about the Wranglers is nothing else looks like it....period, and anything that comes close is just a blatant copy. I do have my issues with some of the quality problems FCA has with the new JL and the dealerships around me are mostly crap. One thing to think about is the aftermarket and experienced aftermarket parts that the Wranglers enjoy, the Bronco won't have anything even close for many years and that's if the vehicle takes off market-wise. Could I see a Bronco in my future? Maybe, but it'd be next to my JL!!
#goals

Actually gives me an idea, just need to make it happen

Jeep’n Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
For people who are saying it looks bad because of the test mule:

View attachment 271824

34D4EBE0-10B2-4396-AF69-D661019EBC88.jpeg
better angle of the Bronco here, but the IFS is a deal killer for us. Since I run almost exclusively Moab SFA is a must. I have run Moab in my FJ and just spend way too much time on 3 wheels with an IFS
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.