Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S Diesel Ocean Blue
Occupation
Architect
A 2 door that looks like that, priced in the mid 20s, would capture the youth market, which has the potential to become life- long Brand Loyal, repeat buyers.
Simple, Affordable, Fun, Safe. A lot of the complexity, and cost, of modern vehicles is due to Federal Mandates, which is one reason Suzuki dropped out of the NA market. They had small, fun, fuel efficient vehicles which couldn't survive in this arena. We complain about cost and complexity, that's the Tech "we" wished for.
I would expect the base model 2 door to start in the high 20's to right at about 30, but that's still not a bad price given what Wranglers start at since the base Bronco model will probably match the Sport S feature wise. I would also put money that a fully loaded 4 door with all the non Raptor off roading packages will be around the 45k mark.

The Raptor version will probably start at 40-45 for the 2 door, and add 5k for the 4 door.

I think the major questions will be if you can get the 2.7 in a non Raptor version, if you can get it in a manual, and how much aftermarket support it will enjoy and if Ford will work with those aftermarket suppliers to catch up to the 4Runner and Wrangler or if they'll be left to fend for themselves.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Bronco Badlands, 2.3t Manual
I would expect the base model 2 door to start in the high 20's to right at about 30, but that's still not a bad price given what Wranglers start at since the base Bronco model will probably match the Sport S feature wise. I would also put money that a fully loaded 4 door with all the non Raptor off roading packages will be around the 45k mark.

The Raptor version will probably start at 40-45 for the 2 door, and add 5k for the 4 door.

I think the major questions will be if you can get the 2.7 in a non Raptor version, if you can get it in a manual, and how much aftermarket support it will enjoy and if Ford will work with those aftermarket suppliers to catch up to the 4Runner and Wrangler or if they'll be left to fend for themselves.
As a viable Jeep rival and as a Ford, it'll be yuge

Gringostarr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S Diesel Ocean Blue
Occupation
Architect
As a viable Jeep rival and as a Ford, it'll be yuge
I honestly hope I'm overshooting the price by around 5k across the board. If a decently equipped Bronco Raptor can be had for under 50k I would jump at it. My older brother has the F150 Raptor and that thing is fun as hell.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I honestly hope I'm overshooting the price by around 5k across the board. If a decently equipped Bronco Raptor can be had for under 50k I would jump at it. My older brother has the F150 Raptor and that thing is fun as hell.
Always wanted a Raptor, but the pricing

Hell, even a regular 2.7tt Bronco would be perfect if it's available with manual

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Since we all "know" you never buy the first year model, we'll have to wait and see how this turns out in 20?? I've never had good luck with Ford, but, if this pans out, and later on there's a CPO with low miles, long warranty, I might have to look.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
This will bring up the question of " Brand Loyalty" ; IF ( and that's a big " if " ) Ford actually delivers a decent vehicle, right price, warranty, customer service, who will Jump Ship ?
I figure " Brand Loyalty " means that manufacturers commitment to ME, in ticking all the right boxes, quality, price, service, warranty. It's my chosen Brands job to make sure I don't leave for another brand, it costs a LOT more to regain a customer than it did to lose them.
So, let the Games Begin...

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since we all "know" you never buy the first year model, we'll have to wait and see how this turns out in 20?? I've never had good luck with Ford, but, if this pans out, and later on there's a CPO with low miles, long warranty, I might have to look.
Opposite, never had luck with GM, save my old Hummer

Definitely keeping an eye on things

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
This will bring up the question of " Brand Loyalty" ; IF ( and that's a big " if " ) Ford actually delivers a decent vehicle, right price, warranty, customer service, who will Jump Ship ?
I figure " Brand Loyalty " means that manufacturers commitment to ME, in ticking all the right boxes, quality, price, service, warranty. It's my chosen Brands job to make sure I don't leave for another brand, it costs a LOT more to regain a customer than it did to lose them.
So, let the Games Begin...
Seeing how some dealerships treat their customers regarding death wobble/steering shimmy, radio issues, knocking rear differentials, frame welds, etc... I don't think it will take much for some people to change. :bandit: I personally have only had one dealership's service department treat me poorly, but after hearing some people's experiences I wouldn't be surprised to see a good bit of people switch sides.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No diesel in a 2-door either.
As Juggernaut would say, what in the fuck?

If they offered a 2dr manual turbo diesel, I'd actually entertainment it just for the sole fact it'd be able to make easy power, especially when gutting the emissions crap

jayvis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The few Fords that I've had have been the worst vehicles I've owned in regards to quality issues and overall customer satisfaction. That might not mean much since it's been 25 years since I've owned a Ford product. Most of my friends who've owned F150's have switched to RAM. I never liked the looks of the 60's era Broncos and the renderings of the new one look kind of toyish to me. It's probably destined to be a decent hit out of the gate as long as it's bargain priced.

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
The Car & Driver renderings look like a lifted Ford Flex. You know, the one that looks like a hearse. Every time I see one I think a funeral is coming down the street.

Status
Not open for further replies.